Old 04-21-2016, 11:37 PM   #11
Has anyone tried a Sundanzer? I have yet to read a review complaining about efficiency.
Kipin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #12
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: Navistar DT466E
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
OP: Let me put a shameless plug in for having a little Honda EU2000i as a backup for your solar system. Caca Happens. When it's been three days without sun, and the XYL wants to blow-dry her hair, you'll be a hero. Greatest little things since sliced bread. Toss a gallon of gas at it and it'll run 12 hours charging batteries. Very quiet. And perfectly happy running out of gas, so you don't need to baby-sit it. Plug. Pull. Go away. Come back to a full charge and firm ice cream.

Yamaha makes a very good inverter genny too, but my fav is the Honda. YMMV.

You're in signals? Extra class ham here. PM me if you want to yak on 40 meters some time. BTW: your ham ticket gets you some amazing pricing (and free shipping) on an EU2000i from Call 'em and introduce yourself.
"You can finally say you have enough horsepower when you leave two black streaks from corner to corner"
(Mark Donohue, famed TransAm driver)
GreyCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #13
Bus Nut
Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom
Originally Posted by GreyCoyote View Post
Yamaha makes a very good inverter genny too, but my fav is the Honda. YMMV.
I absolutely agree. I used the same 2kw gen running a 1500 watt hammer drill for 10-12 hrs a day when I worked construction. Best generator hands down I've ever used... Totally worth the slightly higher price tag.
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #14
I've been researching solar - there is a blog; gentleman there has links to decide how many watts and panels you need - check it out...
Scheherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:06 PM   #15
Thanks again to all of you! I have to say the response was more than I expected with a somewhat vague question.

I decided to leave it alone and look at other things for the bus for about a week or so. Luckily enough I was on yt and found an awesome link that cleared it all up for me. This may be common sense in these parts and I apologize if it is but it was a resource for a noob like me so it may help someone else.

Redeyeyogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:33 PM   #16
Bus Crazy
Chassis: '97 BB TC1000, 5.9l
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Well, sorry that didn't exactly hit the nail on the head. It seems that the Sundanzer is not a popular choice in this crowd. Without a link there's a few choices about what that could be. It's power related based on responses? It's a Sundanzer awning? Inverter? Ohh... gettng a headach. Not enough data.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #17
Year: 2000
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
What's you MOS? I assume you're stateside.

I joined in '76 as a 63H (discontinued), was out for 8 years then joined again as a 71D and got out in '92. 5 years overseas, and that was the best part of the military.

Oddly enough it seems there are a lot of veterans with buses. Once you get used to being mobile you can't go back.
This is exactly how I feel. I am a navy brat and medically retired navy vet myself and if I am anywhere for more than two years I go nuts! Cannot wait for these next two years of conversion to pass by so we can get out of here! Five years is too long!
Roadschooldreamer143 is offline   Reply With Quote

power, solar