Old 06-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #11
Bus Nut
Yeah Demonknight I know what you mean by missing the weather. Oregon was the most boring place as far as weather goes. It would either rain or well not rain. The news stations there thought one bolt of lightning was a big storm, LOL.
busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:49 PM   #12
Bus Nut
Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
I have a 1982 66 passenger Thomas and like Eric's, the width is the same with the same seat mount ridges as his. My useable floor length front to back is 28' 6". My wheel wells start exactly 9" from the rear bulkhead and run 3' 6" forward and 2' wide.

I've looked at motor homes in times past and agree that they aren't worth the low grade materials and worksmanship they're made of. I LOVE my skoolie! I also think skoolies have more personality than the motor homes. I mean, when I see a land yacht cruising down the road, I generally don't give it a second thought (unless the paint job is spiffy), but I don't care what bus goes by, I just have to take a second look at it!
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:41 AM   #13
Bus Nut
Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
BTW JD, I have a Crown that is a 78 pass, blunt nose bus, about 37 ft long, 8 ft wide, and 6' 4" of headroom. It's mid engine (671 turbo'd Detroit Diesel) that gets 62 mph tops. I could get more, but i have to change either the rearend or get an overdrive tranny.

I also forgot to tell you that putting undercarriage storage is not a problem. All you have to do is find a place underneath, cut the body, and mount it. Don't worry too much on the weight, these buses are made to carry a lot.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
thanks for all the replies fellas. i just got a call today from a woman who is one of the on high mucky mucks in the clark county school district. phd no less. anjyway, shes bringing her car into my shop next monday and i asked her what they did with thier old busses. shes going to check it out and get back to me monday. maybe can get in the back door and get a deal. thanks again guys, this might could work out pretty good.

as long as i can do 55 to 60 on the highway, thats ok with me. not really in a hurry anyway, just want to keep up wit some of the traffic. anyway, have a good one fells. best regards, j.d.
jdsackett is offline   Reply With Quote