Old 07-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #51
Bus Crazy
Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Looks like fun, MMMMMMMMM, steaks cooked outside! I'm jealous. We probably won't get out again until after Aug 20 as that is the "Grand Opening" of wifey's (and 14 of her best buddies) art co-operative studio at the local marina. July and the first 2/3 of Aug are being spent building out the studio and although things busly are taking a back seat, it pleases me to see her enjoying the project----still jealous though. Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:43 AM   #52
Bus Crazy
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Her, me and Molly
Bus rally

We traveled to Michigan a couple of weeks ago to a bus rally hosted jointly by CCO (Converted Coach Owners) and GLCC (Great Lakes Converted Coaches). It was held in a firemans park and we had the place all to ourselves. It is very near Frankenmuth, MI where the worlds largest Christmas store is located. This is a very old rally and one of the members has wired the park so that everyone gets 20A service. (they used to do it with extensions cords) Thanks Marty.

We went a day early to visit the Christmas store and walk around Frankenmuth which is a very old Bavarian community. Was told later by a very upset mumsywumsy that we didn't stay long enough to see all she wanted, who knew, I thought she was ready to go back.

There is always a lot of activity at these rallys with repair manuals, diagrams, voltmeters, heads stuck in various access doors. The guy I got my cruise control plans from helped me sort out my stupid mistake. It's nice to see how others have done things and get more ideas.

One of the members had a glider equipped with a camera, here is a picture captured from a video he took. It was very windy that day and he couldn't get much altitude.

There were 20 buses and 6 motorhomes (they used to have buses). This picture was taken Sunday AM and three of the Prevosts had already left. There were, I think, 6 Prevosts, 2 Eagles, 1 Fishbowl, 1 Buffalo, 4 MCIs, a couple GMs, and 1 school bus. Four were from Canada

On Sat miltruckman stopped by, he lives real close, but had air tanks off of his bus and couldn't bring it.

Great Lakes Converted Coaches is a FMCA chapter consisting of members who own or want to own a converted coach (bus) in the Great Lakes Area. CCO is not a FMCA chapter and originally you had to have a diy bus, no store boughts. However, since membership is dwindling, you don't even have to have a bus, just have a love of things bus.

somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 AM   #53
Bus Geek
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
rallies like that are more my speed than a skoolie thing where im rewuired to sleep in a tent or boondocked.. I wouldve loved to have gone to michigsn... are these rallies generally friendly to those whose busses are still alot like busses? up there I couldve easily had a hotel room and then enjoyed meeting the people duriong the day.. while partsking of my other hobby which is extreme christmas decoarating.. and enjoying the nice bus ride up and back... as everyone knows I love driving my bus..

I could so driver from rally to rally snd have fun... since my work is anywhere i can continue to get my work done .. (my bus is my work lab)..

would love to find out more about these and where and how to attend them.. whuch ones are friendly to partially or nearly stock conversions...

sharing ideas, meeting people, and looking at busses is a dream for a bus geek like me...

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote