Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
Skoolie

Space Utilization - Show me your ideas!

So, I am starting to nail down space planning for our bus, I have reviewed many of the threads here for ideas and general build advice. This thread is more intended to capture unique or specifically space saving ideas. I would mainly like to encourage sharing things like drawer systems, storage shelving, and construction that takes into account utilizing every square inch that one can, with out making things feel cramped.

Specifically, I am looking at how to arrange the shower and toilet space, so that when not in use, they double as large storage areas. I am thinking maybe a slide out door system that when tucked away, utilizes dead space but when in use, it slides out of the way to reveal both amenities. I will post some mockups I created shortly.

Mainly I posted this because I wanted to share this video - it is truly inspirational for anyone making the move to a Skoolie. It will make you rethink how you use space -

Old 12-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

I'm toying with this idea:

we'll have a permanent bed frame. in the center of the bed we'll have a slab that pulls out for a table and fold down chairs mounted to the walls. Thinking just put the wood slab (table) on casters or a drawer type setup. pull out to eat/work. push in and fold up chairs when not in use. This is all still "in my head" plans so I don't know how feasible it'll end up being.
jsin04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
planning, space, storage