Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American FE
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Rated Cap: 84
Re: Starting My Conversion Journey

LOL!!!...No, I have NOT the first clue. I actually stumbled across this bus at a time when the Church had just purchased a new MCI for their youth group. The Pastor (I don't even go to church there) decided he wanted me to bless me with this bus for $2500. I told him about my music project, and he really liked the idea, so he decided to sell it to me for $2500. I had no idea what it was worth...I just wanted one -

Mark Antony Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Antony Wray
LOL!!!...No, I have NOT the first clue. I actually stumbled across this bus at a time when the Church had just purchased a new MCI for their youth group. The Pastor (I don't even go to church there) decided he wanted me to bless me with this bus for $2500. I told him about my music project, and he really liked the idea, so he decided to sell it to me for $2500. I had no idea what it was worth...I just wanted one -

you...you..#@*&*%$ !

in a none hurtful or mean way.....you suck!

congrates!!!!!!!!
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Antony Wray

you...you..#@*&*%$ !

congrates!!!!!!!!
".....on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east"!....LOL!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #24
Bus Geek

[quote=Mark Antony Wray]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Mark Antony Wray":2tb82yyw

you...you..#@*&*%$ !

congrates!!!!!!!!
".....on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east"!....LOL! [/quote:2tb82yyw]

I see what you did there....

question now is..............................would you hold my beeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyracer
NICE find! I'm digging the chrome hubcaps!
Thanks!...I was really blessed BIG TIME with all the extras this bus came with. I will not have to do all that much to basic foundation, or the general look of the bus. The paint is in great shape too, and I really like the deep metallic blue. The chrome hub caps are a huge plus to the over all look.

Thanks again for the compliment!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf
really nice find!

whats the rear end ratio stamp say?
75-80 would be awesome...... just curious what the drive ratio is..

good luck!
I apologize, I have yet to get under the bus in that area to check out the ratio for you. I am still stunned and amazed by how this bus wants to fly instead of drive!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_w
LOVE IT!!

Triple bunks may be tough, it depend on what the ceiling height is about 6 inches from the wall. You will need THIN mattress solutions. I want to do the same thing, I am thinking an ikea-style slat system, then a 1/2" foam camping pad (or equivalent dense closed cell foam), then 2 inches of memory foam. You also have to worry about condensation under the bottom mattress if you try to put it directly on the floor.
I have been doing a ton of research toward rigging the interior, and build out. Have been seriously thinking about your comment about triple bunks possibly being a bit ambitious. I have found a local mattress manufacturer who says he can make me super support 4" mattresses any size I want on demand. I laid down on a sample and it was impressively comfortable. I may have to reconsider my bunk designs to accommodate as many musicians and crew as i need to. I have also been sketching up designs for building my own space saving sleeper sofas up front too. Benn finding tons of creative ways to bring it all together. Once I begin the buy/build phase I will post regular photos, and share vendor details.