Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: ISB Cummings
Rated Cap: 84
Striping... and not the fun kind...

Does anyone know where we can get replacement window striping? It's thin and black and separates the bottom of the window from the window sill?
As we've discussed, we've had leakage issues and water has eaten away at the factory stuff. We're not sure where we can get replacements.

Our local car guru told us that he'd try to go to the bus manufacturer for it, would you all support this? I'm getting a little impatient having to wait for things to come through the mail... But if need be, wait I will.

But, out of curiosity, is there anything comparable that we can get locally? would something that is used in regular homes stand up? or does it need to be auto-grade as it will be rattling around and taking some road abuse? Bare in mind- we really need something that is waterproof as water seems to be our major issue.

Fighting the good fight,

Fifer and John

Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Striping... and not the fun kind...

go to your local caterpillar equipment dealer and talk to the parts department, they have a hardware and supply catalog that has bulk weatherstripping and window seals along with all kinds of other neat stuff. Also look online for hardware/supply company's that cater to the rv industry, Anderson hardware strikes a bell. the memory isn't like it used to be try austinhardware.com they have a branch in Elkhart In for the rv people, also check a hotrod magazine for the ads for weatherseals.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote