Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2016, 08:48 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 57
Year: 1999
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Cat 3126 7.2 / Allison AT545
Rated Cap: 77 Passenger
I would love to raise the roof... but the budget just won't allow it!!
PoolRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #22
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 260
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cat 3126e
Rated Cap: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post
I want to forewarn anyone that's going to put in insulation on your subfloor ... Ouch I already hit my head just watching the video
Your being the key word. If you actually watched my videos I already said that I will be using a stool. Being 6'4" without shoes I am screwed no matter what.

Thanks for watching though.
Josiahdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:50 AM   #23
Bus Nut
 
superdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: hills of sw virginia
Posts: 889
Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiahdr View Post
Your being the key word. If you actually watched my videos I already said that I will be using a stool. Being 6'4" without shoes I am screwed no matter what.

Thanks for watching though.
buy a bus with 6'8" ceilings
__________________
living in a bus down by the river.
my build pics
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/membe...albums942.html
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:52 AM   #24
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 260
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cat 3126e
Rated Cap: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
buy a bus with 6'8" ceilings
So that I can walk (only down the center) in a 200sqft area that has even less actual floor space? In a bus that probably isn't what we were exactly looking for.

Hey while I'm at it why insulate at all? Should have just kept the nasty rubber floor thrown plywood over it. Left the walls and ceiling as is because the insulation that they use in buses is such high quality right??

So now that I have saved money, live in a uncomfortable space that is not efficient for heating or cooling, and can hear everything outside while I'm sleeping. But can walk down the center aisle with limited headroom. Just is not what I wanted in a skoolie.

The whole point is to build it how your going to use it, right?
Josiahdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #25
Bus Nut
 
Docsgsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The Valley - Arizona
Posts: 644
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiahdr View Post
So that I can walk (only down the center) in a 200sqft area that has even less actual floor space? In a bus that probably isn't what we were exactly looking for.

Hey while I'm at it why insulate at all? Should have just kept the nasty rubber floor thrown plywood over it. Left the walls and ceiling as is because the insulation that they use in buses is such high quality right??

So now that I have saved money, live in a uncomfortable space that is not efficient for heating or cooling, and can hear everything outside while I'm sleeping. But can walk down the center aisle with limited headroom. Just is not what I wanted in a skoolie.

The whole point is to build it how your going to use it, right?
Exactly Right!!!
__________________
My build thread - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=467197
Docsgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #26
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 260
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cat 3126e
Rated Cap: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsgsxr View Post
Exactly Right!!!
Josiahdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #27
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
So is there a roof raise in your future?
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:17 PM   #28
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 260
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cat 3126e
Rated Cap: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
So is there a roof raise in your future?
Nope going to use a stool or be sitting any way. And there is no ceiling outside.
Josiahdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:47 AM   #29
Bus Nut
 
superdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: hills of sw virginia
Posts: 889
Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiahdr View Post
So that I can walk (only down the center) in a 200sqft area that has even less actual floor space? In a bus that probably isn't what we were exactly looking for.

Hey while I'm at it why insulate at all? Should have just kept the nasty rubber floor thrown plywood over it. Left the walls and ceiling as is because the insulation that they use in buses is such high quality right??

So now that I have saved money, live in a uncomfortable space that is not efficient for heating or cooling, and can hear everything outside while I'm sleeping. But can walk down the center aisle with limited headroom. Just is not what I wanted in a skoolie.

The whole point is to build it how your going to use it, right?
yes , only down the center, most fill the sides of the bus up will the kitchen and bath and shower and sitting area. are you planing on building everything in the middle and walking down the sides of the bus?
__________________
living in a bus down by the river.
my build pics
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/membe...albums942.html
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #30
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 260
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cat 3126e
Rated Cap: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
yes , only down the center, most fill the sides of the bus up will the kitchen and bath and shower and sitting area. are you planing on building everything in the middle and walking down the sides of the bus?
I am boggled by the stupidity of the question....


No of course not.
Josiahdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breaker Box Installation Questions soused moose Conversion General Discussions 17 09-05-2017 09:49 AM
Sink Installation RUskoolietailgater Conversion Tutorials and How-to's 3 06-17-2010 07:58 PM
Air Bag Suspension Installation Lady Franklin Conversion General Discussions 32 03-29-2009 11:47 PM
new 12v installation nyrockingchairs Conversion General Discussions 2 05-10-2007 02:28 PM
Toilet installation captainkf Plumbing, Water and Waste 8 12-21-2005 08:06 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.