Old 06-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #11
Bus Nut
Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom
Originally Posted by roach711 View Post
Seems to me you'd be better off in the long run doing a decent prep job and rolling on a coat of primer. When you finally decide to paint it you'll have a decent base.

Doing it the easy way now will cost you later.
I will second this suggestion...
slaughridge85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #12
Originally Posted by GreyCoyote View Post
Exterior latex seems to work well. Get the cheapest you can find. After a few weeks, you can hit it with a wire brush or pressure washer. Mine is auto-shedding its skin after just a few weeks....

Thank you for the suggestion!!

That is the kind of solution I am hoping for. Just get me through the inspection so that I can title, register and insure the bus.

The yard where we will be working on the bus requires current registration & insurance. To get title, registration & insurance we have to show that we are not yellow and have a bed, toilet, cooking capability, fresh and waste water storage. I have a mattress, composting toilet, camp stove and 2 55 gallon drums plumbed and ready to go. The only hang up is being yellow.

Back to the latex. Do you think interior latex would be any easier to "shed" ?

I can get 5 gallons of mis-mixed interior latex for $20. That with $15 worth of masking materials and an afternoon with my airless would have me a non-yellow bus and hopes that 3-4 months of exposure to the elements will have it ready to come off with a good pressure washing.

What do you think?

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote