Originally Posted by PNW_Steve
1) Buy bus & get trip permit to bring bus home.
2) Prep & paint bus w/ rustolium
3) Pass (hopefully) inspection.
4) Take bus home and perform significant body repairs & modifications.
5) Prep & paint bus w/ rustolium
I was hoping not to perform a proper prep & paint twice. Hence my question.
Hard to do "temporary" when painting something that will literally take gallons of paint. The amount of effort that a crappy paint job takes is still quite substantial.
I wasn't saying to make it a showpiece. Just pressure wash it, hit any horrible areas with a sander, mask off the bulk of what you can, and paint it some color you like that's cheap.
That's about as quick a job as you're gonna pull off painting a bus, man.
Once you're home free and titled or whatever, you can give the whole bus a good sanding and do any body work you need to do.