I took out the large heater core/coil to the left of the driver while removing panels to sand and paint. I also got easier access to the wires running to the stop arm from behind that panel too.
Now the sick part. Once that heater core was out, I had to clean it. I was hoping most of the lint, hair etc. was on the surface. I bought a bottle of the a.c. coil cleaner from HomeDepot and followed the instructions. I may need a few more bottles. I am tempted to take all of the units out and just let a radiator place boil them.
I am guessing the drivers lost most of their hair while dealing with students and traffic. It all ended up in between the fins of that heater!
No diamonds or gold coins found yet but still digging into it.
While looking past the fan into the heater box, I can see into the channel that runs along the interior to the middle fan. It has a flex duct inside of it that is torn. Looks like more fun instore and things to take apart. Maybe I will find something of value yet (like my sanity).