Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
Skoolie

Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
The Returning lost boy(s)

well its been a long time and a lot has gone down in my life, dropped a wife (sadly NOT hard enough on her head), added a second son and then a new wife who loves the idea of a school bus rv/home. Now the hard (yet oddly fun) part of FINDING one, seems most of my links are way out-dated and either no longer work or the company's no longer sell buses (thankfully my link to the Millicent chronicles still worked) damn I would love the head room in that thing...

So, any new places or links to school bus sales in the great NW region? The only one of mine that works is publicsurplus.com and they tend to be a bit pricey from what i remember them to be, but cheaper than most on craigs list.

oh yeah, anyone in the NW WA area feel free to drop a pm and say hi

Demonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: The Returning lost boy(s)

welcome back, goodluck
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD6-71T
Rated Cap: 78
Re: The Returning lost boy(s)

Welcome back to the madness!! I happen to be partial to Crowns. Most Crowns are in California, but Washington and Oregon have their fair share. They are built like tanks and I believe are reasonably priced. My personal opinion is that they were better built than any other school bus. They will last for decades. So, given the choice, I would hunt for a Crown Coach 36' to 40' late 1980's model school bus. You can't go wrong. You could even buy one in California and drive it North. California hates anything with diesel so the state is making school districts get rid of their Crowns. The time to buy is now. As they get rarer the price will only go up!!!

Again, welcome back. It is great that you have a new wife who appreciates the fun of school bus conversions. My wife (who was a Transportation Director and bought many Crowns for her fleets) is loving it!!

Danville, California
https://www.transtraks.com
gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote