Old 08-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
Where are you? You should fill out your info so we would know approx where you are.

Anyway, if you are anywhere near Oregon, you should talk to Kurt at Wolf Creek Motors. If you search skoolie.net with the search box at the top of the page, you will find 6 threads that mention Wolf Creek Motors, which is just off Interstate 5 a little ways north of Grants Pass OR.

I don't think I should put Kurt's phone number on here, but if you want it PM me. And I should add that when I got my bus in April he had several other non-electronic buses. Those will be gone, but I'll bet he has others now.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...iowCnoECA4QBg#
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:00 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
That's it. Kurt put his cell number on the side that bus, so I'm off the hook about putting it on the web. Thanks
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:40 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
That's it. Kurt put his cell number on the side that bus, so I'm off the hook about putting it on the web. Thanks

........................................... ..
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #14

I bought my short bus with a lift from a private bus garage that operates for a local school district - Star & Strand in North Troy, NY. I visited them a few times and got to know the shop manager (I brought some high-end cookies for everyone in the garage each time). They regularly sell buses that cycle out, both to a dealer and direct. I told John what I was looking for and he told me which buses were in good repair and which he would rather not sell to me. They did the basic changes (lights, remove the stop sign & school bus signage) and showed me how to operate the lift. I got the full binder on the bus. I have been back a few times (with cookies) for advice that has saved me tons of money. Another local school district that maintains their own fleet only sells through dealers and wasn't very helpful.
nords is offline   Reply With Quote