Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Tc2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummings turbo diesel
Tomorrow is the day, The BOV is coming home!

I first want to start this post with a blessing and a curse. Thank all of you for the great ideas and help; curse all of you for getting me into this! ;)

Well I pick up my Bird tomorrow, a 1997 Bluebird Tc2000. I have researched and dug through A LOT of post, read up a lot, test drove, crawled around under, looked at other skoolies, and finally settled on the one. She has the 5.9 Cummings, so I can get parts at the local auto parts store, the Allison automatic, 13 window, and air brakes. I got a pretty good discount since they wanted to keep the seats. I almost felt bad, it seems to be a right of passage removing the seats from your skoolie, and so I headed up there on a Saturday and helped take them out… they knocked another $200 off for that. I required a DOT inspection and state weight certificate before I purchased it, as well as an independent mechanic to look over. He found a few issues, they fixed it, and tomorrow she is mine.

The wife is excited, for now, the kids can’t wait, and I look forward to many a late night and long weekends converting this thing! Not sure how the neighbors will feel, but we don’t get the skoolies for them. I even registered a domain name TheBOV.com to blog about the whole thing.

I am sure you will all see more from me with the normal HELP and oops how do I fix questions; and of course proud papa pictures to follow.

So let the fun begin!

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, to liberty, to abundance, to selfishness, to complacency, to apathy, to dependence, and back again to bondage.
kc_4_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Tomorrow is the day, The BOV is coming home!

One of many great things about my wife is she is a photog! So lots of pics will be coming!
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, to liberty, to abundance, to selfishness, to complacency, to apathy, to dependence, and back again to bondage.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Well here she is safe at home!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6095.JPG   IMG_6097.JPG   IMG_6224.JPG  
Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16

Very nice... Welcome to the madness...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: flatnosed
Chassis: amtran/bluebird/thomas
Engine: diesel

where in Houston?
Katy here
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Spring, just down 10 from you.