Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #1

Year: 1986
Vapor barrier/insulation/subfloor all-in-one?

Has anyone used or heard anything about this product? Suppose to be a vapor barrier, insulation, AND subfloor all in one.... Too good to be true? The price is sort of decent, 2'x4' though... Only thing I can think that might be a problem is the added air flow "combination of deep drainage and ventilation channels allows moisture and air to move freely promoting surface drying; reducing the potential for mold, mildew and odors" .......... ???????????? What do you think?

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Amdry-2-09-in-x-2-ft-x-4-ft-OSB-Insulated-R7-Subfloor-Panel-AMD0150G/204395337?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CTHD%7CG%7C0%7CG-BASE-PLA-D21-Lumber%7C&gclid=CM6_tez7mM4CFZSCaQodhU8DYA&gclsrc= aw.ds

PurpleSageMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSageMama View Post
Has anyone used or heard anything about this product? Suppose to be a vapor barrier, insulation, AND subfloor all in one.... Too good to be true? The price is sort of decent, 2'x4' though... Only thing I can think that might be a problem is the added air flow "combination of deep drainage and ventilation channels allows moisture and air to move freely promoting surface drying; reducing the potential for mold, mildew and odors" .......... ???????????? What do you think?

Amdry 2.09 in. x 2 ft. x 4 ft. OSB Insulated R7 Subfloor Panel AMD0150G at The Home Depot - Mobile
Interesting stuff, but it's made for a somewhat different application. It goes over poured concrete, where moisture will seep from wet to dry continuously; i.e. up into the conditioned space. Buses have metal floors where the goal is to close up all the holes first.

Bottom line: I think you could get more R value into 2" of lost headroom for less bux just laying down polyiso board or other insulation of choice. Read the build threads; some frame it in, some just lay it all down, tape it, and float a floor on top.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote