Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy converted to 466
Rated Cap: 84
Re: Victom of Crimes

I am sure there are lots of used windows here, if you post the glass size I am sure you could get some for freight costs. Personally I threw away 14 windows, saving the aluminum to sell at scrap prices, threw the glass in a recycle bin. Of course you will have to pay to have the windshield replaced as I doubt there is one here but you never know. If you could catch the kids on video vandalizing your bus they will get blamed for it all ( whether they did it all or not, how could they deny it ) and their parents would have to replace everything that has been broken or ruined. They are just a few blocks away, in your immediate neighborhood, keep an eye out for them, play dirty and bait them if you can, just nab the little pr^#ks. sportyrick

sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophieshouse
I have found a winshield ..yeahhh...super cheap to, only 20 bucks , now to install it . But now comes the big issue , dropping the fuel tank . I belive i can do this but i might see a few issues i dont know how to deal with. Will i have to drop the two "L" bars that are holding the tank up? Or can I just remove the band straps?
I am new to the diesel game ..sorry if i ask a bunch of dumb questions.
How do i know if i need a new Lift Pump?i belive that is what you call it .
I honestly don't know about a school bus, but I have dropped tanks on plenty of cars. You might want to have a jack handy so that all of the weight isn't on you or the person helping you. An eleven gallon car tank can be heavy, even when empty, because of the position you are in during the removal process. On a car, you support the tank, undo what is holding it to the vehicle, lower it enough to undo the lines, plug the lines, lower it the rest of the way and it's out. If there is someone with contrary school bus advice, please chime in so he has more to work with. Wouldn't want my advice making things worse.
crazyidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 65
Send a message via Yahoo to C00LR

Clint doesnt like it when people abuse busses
Attached Thumbnails
Dirty-Harry throw rocks.jpg  

"There are No Conflicts, Public or Private, That Cannot be Resolved with the Proper Application of High Explosives"

IYAAYAS
C00LR is offline   Reply With Quote