Old 05-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
Water flow

What does everyone do if your shower and sinks are on opposite sides of the bus?

If you have the shower on one side and bathroom sink and kitchen sink on the other do you have two grey tanks? This is basically how ours will be set up because of want / needs of everything. Just doesn't seam a good way to run water drain to flow over to grey water tank.

I don't have basement. There is some space between floor and frame. But that seams risky. So do you have two grey tanks or run the line between floor and frame?
Thanks
livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
the easiest way would be to run your drains out the bottom of the floor and then connect them below floor level into one grey tank...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Detroit 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
What does everyone do if your shower and sinks are on opposite sides of the bus?

If you have the shower on one side and bathroom sink and kitchen sink on the other do you have two grey tanks? This is basically how ours will be set up because of want / needs of everything. Just doesn't seam a good way to run water drain to flow over to grey water tank.

I don't have basement. There is some space between floor and frame. But that seams risky. So do you have two grey tanks or run the line between floor and frame?
Thanks
In my opinion your best option with one tank?
Your sink p-trap is above the floor just under your sink and standard pipe size tailpices/dropdowns for most sinks are 1 1/4" and most stores sell them.
Run 1 1/4" pipe from the trap (don't forget your vent line,studor vent,island vent if needed) run the sink line down through the floor and to hit above the frame your elbow will be 3/4 of the way in so your hole will need to be appropriate. And when jammed tight I like to wrap a piece of plastic tubing or oldish not dry rotted leaving its color on your hands garden hose around anything pipe wise touching anything.
Keep tight to the bottom side of the floor and run across towards the 2" p-trap under the floor for the shower.
Don't forget the tank vent for all? Black water, grey water, and fresh water?
The sewer tanks really need to be vented at a minimum above head level and not under your awning? Or your going to smell them and your tanks will only hold about half there capacity without a way to remove the air in them.
Hope I helped and I can't go any farther without pics the of piping underside and tank design? My salvaged tanks and my design left the bottom of the tanks lower than what I wanted? But I am higher than the front step bottom and my plumbing on grade leaving the tanks are a little lower than the center of the rear end (everything is well protected and secured)and at the point i am and if I didn't want to look/inspect access everytime I think about moving. I would have already built skid plates to cover all? Water man buy trade and I guess I want to see my pipe and joints work and hold when I put water in it.
Yes even at home? I pressure tested my work before I covered it.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #4
Skoolie

Thanks guys. This is the shower side. I just didn't know if there was enough down fall for the water fall. Seems like everyone trys to keep everything up close to the floor just wasn't sure crossing over under the bus or two grey tanks.

And then not a heck of a lot of space there.

Just do a 90 right out the floor and through the floor and frame?
Old 05-20-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Looks like my Thomas body on a ford chassis.
Try to use rubber tubing anywhere your piping touches metal? I call it vibration isolation for piping protection.
Otherwise the pipe rubbing on the metal will rub a hole in the pipe and then your fixing/re-doing that section with everything in the way.
If it gets to tight then you can use a piece of sheetmetal rolled/coiled to fit the pipe and long enough to cross the frame,plus a couple of inches and clean the ends of any burrs/ sharp edges or roll the edges away from the pipe a little with a pair of pliers.
Do some measuring from frame to bottom of floor and frame side to outside sheet metal.
Even if you have to use two pieces with a coupling in the middle I was thinking of wedging /driving a piece of 2" PVC pipe from frame to frame to create a solid sleeve from one side to the other to run the smaller pipe in and for me with that idea? if the drive shaft came apart then my drain line was somewhat protected but also road debris if left exposed?
I ended up simplifying my plumbing design by putting all the grey fixtures on the grey tank side.the least bends means the least problems.
My original design was like yours and I made my architect wife (at the time job wise) mad because she made the perfect lay out and me as a builder? I said the plumber is going to hate you and me as the framer thinking about the plumber later changed the layout.
Piping in tight quarters is always time consuming and a pain so anything you can do to eliminate any extra twist,turns,bends? Will be easier on you and create a better working and less effort to maintain(clogs)unless you pipe a main vent for your sewer tanks through the roof. Don't forget your tanks need to breathe to fill to max and breathe to drain.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
You may be able to use flexible PVC pool hose to snake between the floor and frame rail. It squishes a bit. Your main issue will be getting enough drop from one side of the bus to the other if you have to go through both rails. Much easier to have all drain lines on the same side of the bus.

https://www.poolsupplies.com/product...in-x-25ft-roll
Old 05-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #7
Bus Nut

You can if you have to but it needs the same or better protection on the rub rails.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:09 PM   #8
Skoolie

Thanks guys for the help and tips.

That was / is my main thinking is the flow down hill. Doesn't seam like enough drop from one end to the other. I know I have seen the same type of layout just never figured out how they did the drain. Most of the layouts I have seen are on YouTube but they never go into detail. We just might have to change layout but I think im going to try it out and see how it goes. Course I get a really good deal on a 2nd grey tank...... Either way its going to be a pain I think but we will see. Thanks again.