Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2016, 08:42 PM   #1

Exclamation Weird wiring issue

i have a 94 bluebird b-series bus with a strange wiring issue. My right blinkers 4-way flashers and brake lights don't work. All other running lights head lights tail lights and bilkers work. when i turn the right signal on it blinks on my dash and very faintly out of the front right blinker mounter on the bus then resets the relay until i turn off the blinker. the brake and the 4-way also set off this relay. i replaced the relay once and fried the new one so i have the old one it to test it. i discontented the right side maker and the rear right blinker at by cutting the cord right before the light so i could eliminate it being a ground problem. i also disconnected all wiring to hood mounted lights and still have the same issue. to complicate the issue further every now and then the front right mounted signal works without setting off the relay.

Any ideas on where my problem could be coming from? also i ran a volt meter all left side when running average a spike of 12-14 volts. the right are all giving me about 1 volt max. except the front hood mount which spiked as high as about 6 volts.

Please any ideas will help.

94BLUEBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 90
Coachwork: bluebird conventional
Chassis: international
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72
Check all the affected bulbs, most likely you have a wrong or shorted bulb.
bluebird90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
Not sure what it means to reset a relay... flasher module, maybe? Or a manual-reset circuit breaker?
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
Bus Nut

First buy a digital multimeter

Next, have some one teach you about this tool.. This is a lifetime tool for the balance of your life. Often with large equiptment there is a single flasher. Some times these large yellow flashers will flash the emergency lites while using the turn flashers. Carefully make a drawing and record where every wire color attaches. Please note wire colors and wire gage. Take at least 5 cell phone pics. Now remove all the wires from yellow flasher. Connect a two terminal flasher to a 12volt source and the left turn lites. If lites flash disconnect the 12volt source and connect to the wire from the turn switch with the key on. Through deduction the other wires can be connected to new flashers. one flasher left and one flasher right. The emergency lites need a seperate flasher. Use the multimeter to discover 12 volts and any grounded wires. If none of this works check the bulbs to determine if lamps/bulbs will lite.. This is fun...... Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
Not sure what it means to reset a relay... flasher module, maybe? Or a manual-reset circuit breaker?
There is a relay that for the lights under dash. When I hit the brake, right turn signal or flashers it clicks fora second the starts buzzing until I release the brake or turn off the blinker/flashers then i have to wait for it to reset before my blinkers work again.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird90 View Post
Check all the affected bulbs, most likely you have a wrong or shorted bulb.
I have cut the wires or disconnect the rear r blinker and the side blinker. I also disconnected the plug to all hood mounted lights
Old 01-24-2016, 10:29 PM   #7

If I cut all the wires to the right side shouldn't the 4-way at least light up the left side?

Tags
1994, b7t042, bluebird, turn signal, wiring