Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #121
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
Thumbs up

I use the long paint stirrers ( 5 gallon bucket size) to hold up my emergency windows for now. If I should decide to continue to go that route then I will probably cut them down a tad.

I like your dish holder. Do I really ask for binning strips when I go to the store?

So glad to see you going forward with your changes, keeping busy I found really does help. The feelings don't really go away but thinking about other things put you in a different place if only for awhile.

Hang in there girl, I'm proud of you.

The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:15 PM   #122
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Breeze View Post
... I like your dish holder. Do I really ask for binning strips when I go to the store?
Baby binning strips (292-WH-60) (no adhesive - I glue them on with PL375) are what I used. The 5 gallon stir sticks fit very nicely. You get them from Outwater. They have a $25 minimum order. I used them in the drawers posted earlier in this thread. I wonder where else I will use them at.

I need to order Outwater's Anti-Rattle Feather Track (R101-603-BR) for the laundry bins (dirties) and the cabinetry I have yet to build over the daybed.

Outwater Plastics has a great "toy" catalog. Full of some nifty stuff. Also has the best selection of Rev-a-shelf products in one place.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #123
Bus Geek

Decided to add a row of binning strips to the bottom of the frame/step so I have two rows of dividers (stir sticks). Just kept looking at it and thinking about bouncing down the road. Got the binning strip in the other two cabinets so I got all three cabinet above the sink side all "binned". Next project is to build the swing out shelves. Other than that, haven't done anything on the bus. Gotta go pick up the movies I rented and buy a cheap roller shade to destroy (got an idea).
Old 02-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #124
Bus Geek

It's currently 8:30AM and the temp outside is 18F. It got down to 17F last night (not long after midnight). It's been colder. The Ceramica tile floor is cold but not as cold as a real ceramic tile floor. I don't know if the OSB that is under it has anything to do with it. The floor is warm enough that I can walk around in socks but a little too cool to be walking around barefoot for any length of time. And it's not from keep the interior of the bus too warm. For overnight, I turn the LP heat off and the electric heaters down low enough to just things from freezing inside.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #125
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
BBBBRRRRRRR!!!!!!

What was the temp inside this morning Lorna? You have a couple of electric heaters & the gas fireplace right? I remember you talking about having to pay extra for your electric when you go over a certain limit so I can see turning everything down as low as you can.

Where the hell do we have to go to have warmer weather in the winter.....South America?
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #126
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Cube is supposed to be fairly warm in the winter. Then again, FL is supposed to be but it ain't so.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #127
Bus Geek

I would estimate the interior of the bus was about 65-70F. Below that and I am normally cold. Sometimes above that I am cold. Right now (a bit after 10PM) it is 23 outside and the thermometer on the air conditioner says it's 65F inside. It feels a little cooler than it was this morning. I just got home so the place has been empty all day. Just electric heaters on. I need to get an indoor thermometer. I need to get an outdoor thermometer. I do lower the interior temp at night. For starters, I sleep better. I also have a heated mattress pad so it's silly to keep the bus real warm when my bed is plenty warm.

Most definitely my last winter of ice and snow.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:15 AM   #128
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyBus View Post
Cube is supposed to be fairly warm in the winter. Then again, FL is supposed to be but it ain't so.
Its been an unusually warm winter here in Apopka/Sorrento.
We had to run our ac last night. Was in the 80's here yesterday.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:45 AM   #129
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
It's been unusually warm here to but, everything is relative. It's only -2 this morning. On the bright side "mud" season is almost here.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:39 AM   #130
Bus Nut

I left Indy after the blizzard of 78. Been mostly in central FL since. It hasn't been 80s everyday, some nights dropped near 30. That's cold for local plants and transplants.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #131
Bus Geek

We live in Merrilville for a while in the 80's.it gets cold there!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #132
Bus Nut

I still say use chrome paint for the rims.
Chrome Paint

There are other brands and some great videos on youtube of how it turns out and how-to.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #133
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Its been an unusually warm winter here in Apopka/Sorrento.
We had to run our ac last night. Was in the 80's here yesterday.
Don't tell me nothing about winters in Central FL. My family's "home farm" is in Pierson. I know what the winters there are like. I well remember the visits there. Much preferred living in Ft. Pierce as it was warmer on the beach.

We are heading to Pensacola (I think). I don't know if we will stay there longer than a year or two. We will stop in Mobile for a week so Das Mel can "visit" with the Regional Manager for Family Dollar. That visit may change things, or not. I know she has been told she can have any store in his region. But his region does not extend to FL. I can transfer into pretty much any Home Depot I want. Right now, we have not absolute plans other than we have to scatter the last of David's ashes at the Santeelah Overlook before the campground closes (Nov 2) and the weather on the Cherohala gets bad. I think I may get the roof cleaned and another coat of roof coating on the bus (TropiCool). That would involve parking at my mother's (eeek!) if she still has power running to the cabin.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #134
Bus Geek

I lived in Vero for a little over a year and spent lots of time in Ft Pierce. Hutchinson Island is "interesting" at night. The Jetty Lounge is always a good time, sorta.
Best of luck on your journey Lorna. I know its not easy.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:22 PM   #135
Bus Nut

Lorna, I go along with the warmth at Ft Pierce. Since they closed Mangrove Matties at Hutcinson Island, we have only been back a couple of times. I know it aint Melbourne or Vero, but who wants the tourist crap that they bring anyway? Not me. If I could find a quiet part of Ft. Pierce, I'd look seriously at it again.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:02 AM   #136
Bus Geek

The crime in the area has gotten real bad.
Hutchinson Island is really just a coke/meth hangout these days. The few rich folks who own there like my friends have had to deal with constant break ins and theft.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:22 AM   #137
Bus Geek

Of the three deep water ports on the FL east coast (Jacksonville, Miami and Ft. Pierce), Ft. Pierce was #1 in drugs back in the 70's/80's. Everyone in my High School knew two weeks in advance when the sand ship from Columbia was coming in. You couldn't go out to the beach at night. I stopped going to the deserted beaches down near the nuclear power plant when a boyfriend and I ran into a delivery complete with uzi's. Crime has been bad in that area for decades. The tourists and the intentionally deaf-dumb-&-blind are the only ones who don't know. We left the area back in '81 and only visited family a few times since.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:22 PM   #138
Bus Geek

I bought new lights for each side of the bed (night stands). Put some compact fluorescent lights (daylight) in the lamps. I do like them. And they are great for reading in bed. 😃

Old 02-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #139
Bus Nut

Interesting timing. I have been looking for something to use as reading lights next to my bed. This is what I am looking for:
Old 02-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #140
Bus Geek

I love the looks of the architect's light. I used to have a drafting table light that was really nice to use. It was more functional and looks left a lot to be desired. This one looks great and I can adjust the thing all over. I wear contact lenses and take them out after I get in bed. I'm pretty much blind without my contacts. I have clear vision up to 6 inches and then any farther away than that is all fuzzy until at 12" I can't tell you what I'm looking at. With the architect's light, I can swing the light up to direct onto the contact lens case. Then move the light back in place.