Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #141
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Chrome. Paint the rims with chrome spray paint.

HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #142
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Lorna

Last spring you posted pics off the net of a nice Dewalt compressor.

Any pics of it mounted under your bus yet?

I just reread the last 15 pages of your thread, but did not see it.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #143
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomsass
Chassis: FreightShaker
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 5 speed
Rated Cap: 2 ATV's and friends
I quickly looked through previous posts did not see/read your colour of choice on the rims.
How about satin/matte black with chrome nut/stud covers and chrome hub caps?
REDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #144
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Had to make a trip to Wal-Mart after work last night (ice cream and dayquill). I do love a 24 hours store! So at 11PM, I'm in the store and decided that while I'm there, I would see if they had any more of the LOA linkable lights. I bought the five they had. After a bowl of ice cream I started installing the lights. The 23" lights (total of 7) will run down the center of the bus replacing the 12v original lights. All the lights will run off a small inverter. Once I get all the lights up, I will pull the wiring we had put in place back in Socorro (it's been 3 years) for the inverter powered stuff and get it all hooked up. They are currently running on regular AC. Once connected to the inverter, they will run off of the batteries. Also installed the last of the under cabinet lights in the galley last week. So I now have five 13" lights. On my next day off (tomorrow) I will get back to working on the closet. I need to put a floor in it and get the cedar liner I already bought a couple months ago installed. Weather is supposed to be nice so I can cut outside.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #145
Bus Geek

Still debating on the rim colour. Might not get that done before I leave NM. I bought some exterior Marquee Semigloss in "Espresso Beans" (a very very dark brown). I think I will only paint the (very rusty) fancy wheel covers of the drive tires and do it in the Espresso Beans. I have some of those Preval sprayers that you can use to turn any paint into a spray. David liked them for small jobs where he had to match colours (latex paints) for a small amount of things. The rear rims may or may not get done. Not a priority.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #146
Bus Nut

Coachwork: bluebird
I like dark brown for a color. I've been using rust-o-leum leather brown inside on a few things and the rub rails are white and brown so I'll probably end up using the brown on my wheels too. Not a priority right now. I started the finish work on the drivers side rub rails today, the weather dictated it, I got the white all done and may start on the brown tomorrow, but then again it's suppose to rain.

My debate is to paint the black that runs completely around the bottom of the bus and both bumpers the same brown. I would like to but then again....I don't want to paint anymore.

Painting USE TO BE one of my favorite things to do...until we got the bus. I'm getting very, very tired of it.
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #147
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Breeze View Post
... I would like to but then again....I don't want to paint anymore.

Painting USE TO BE one of my favorite things to do...until we got the bus. I'm getting very, very tired of it.
I know the feeling.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #148
Bus Nut

My wife always hated painting but now that she has the bus to play with, she is starting to like it.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #149
Bus Geek

I am so sick. I am so grateful that I do not have to go out to fill the fresh tank (the autofill works great). I am so grateful that I do not have to go outside to dump the black tank (the residential toilet bypasses the holding tank when parked). I am so grateful that when David & I were designing the bus, we took things like bad weather (rain, snow, sleet) and general illness (colds & flu's) into account. Now I will drink my hot tea and take yet another hot shower.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #150
Bus Geek

Lorna,sorry to hear that....ugh need to install a nice deep tub to soak in

it could double as cool waterhole in the summer
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #151
Bus Geek

People never think about being sick in their RVs & bus conversions. I've taken 8 hot steamy showers today and way too much medicine. I think I need to go hug my toilet. I hate being sick. At least I'm to the headache and mild fever point.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #152
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske View Post
People never think about being sick in their RVs & bus conversions. I've taken 8 hot steamy showers today and way too much medicine. I think I need to go hug my toilet. I hate being sick. At least I'm to the headache and mild fever point.
I would never allow any member of my family to waste that much water in a house, let alone a RV.

Some of us want to disconnect from the grid to make ourselves more responsible with the resources we use on a daily basis. Fresh water is the most precious of the resources in your over populated Country.

Getting sick is not a issue for all of us. I made changes to my life style, and have not gotten sick in over 3 years. Remove the toxins going into your body, and exercise. Toxins include gluten, and refined sugar.

Even the pills you took were no good for you. Your body has what it needs to get better if you eat right, sleep well, and exercise.

We all hope you feel better soon. You have been a bit cranky in some of your posts lately.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #153
Bus Nut

Coachwork: bluebird
Lorna...glad your starting to feel better. this weather doesn't help. It's great that you had advanced in the improvements of your bus that you had just a few things left to deal with. I know what it's like, feeling like **** and still having to do certain things.

Nat...Maybe this is just your nature but I feel that what and how you spoke to Lorna just now is completely uncalled for. When people are ill, the last thing they want to hear is that "you don't give a rats ass about the state of the environment by wasting water" and that "if you ate better food and quit popping pills you wouldn't be sick".

I think you only trying to help others but there's a time and place for that and I don't think this is the time.

Sorry, but I had to say something. What you said and how you said it really rubbed me the wrong way tonight and I had to say something. Luckily, I hit the wrong button on my laptop so what I originally wrote got erased.

'Nuff said and I apologize if I'm just overreacting....I blame it on the weather.
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:49 AM   #154

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
I would stay away from the dairy while you are sick. It doesn't help with the flem(I know it's spelled phlegm) situation. TMI??? Anyways, it just makes it worse for me. I know it's hard to stay away from ice cream when you are not feeling good. Hope you are better soon.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:38 AM   #155
Site Team

Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
got the flu bug lorna? the stuff we are still getting over has lasted a month. now, here comes the pollen.

get better soon.
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #156
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I've been avoiding sick people and children for a few weeks now. Everyones getting sick.
I can't take over the counter meds, so I have to suffer through it when I get sick.

Hope you're feeling better soon Lorna!!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #157
Bus Nut

Chicken soup Lorna.
Get well soon!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #158
Bus Geek

Lorna!!!!

win win here!!!

stop at cosco or whatever Sams and get 100 cans of chicken soup, then make it in the bath tube....you can relax and .....ugh..that maybe doesnt sound to good..it did at first though!

get better
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #159
Bus Geek

Feeling better. Fever broke early this morning. Thanks for all the tips. Going into work. Kinda hard to stay away from sick people when you work in retail and everyone generously shares their flu & colds by coughing and sneezing right into your face (yes, happens almost daily). I figure I'm lucky I haven't been sick more often. I guess I haven't been taking as good of care of myself since David passed.

As for Natster... I have no clue as to what he posts, nor do I know why he bothers to post on this particular thread. I have him on my blocked list. And it's not worth the extra effort to see what he posted.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #160
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
...get 100 cans of chicken soup, then make it in the bath tub...
That doesn't sound all that great. Can you absorb chicken soup thru the skin? That would have been helpful. My throat got so sore that I couldn't get anything down except small amounts of hot tea and even smaller amounts of ice cream. But better now. Still need to get one more hot shower in before I go to work to help break the congestion down a bit more.