Originally Posted by GarageYourself
For those who have been around and down the conversion road, what would you choose as an ideal platform and why?
I ask because I am gearing up to start my 1st conversion, and I want to make sure I have made a good decision (While it is still relatively easy to change). Thank you for your input!!
Some questions you may like to answer for everyone to help!
1. Where are you located? And, where do you intend to travel? (this will help with ideal engine/gearing)
2. What is your intended usage?Full timing, weekending, vacations, or events? (this will help with the best length/layout)
3. How many people/animals will be with you during any of these? (again, layout and your wants and necessities)
4. Do you "need" air conditioning? (depends on area, and if your wife's with ya!)
5. What do you plan on powering electrical and/or air conditioning with? (proper planning for battery storage/generator storage/ or solar set up, or anything else)
6. Do you need a bathroom with toilet/shower? (where to place water tanks, bathroom, and other components)
One thing is try to keep your layout somewhat balanced weight wise, no biggie if it's not perfect though.