Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
Almost There

Year: 2012
Coachwork: Need bus-as-home over RV
Chassis: still looking
What other DIY RV sites do you know of? (for trailers etc)

Does anyone here have any other links or forums or websites they would be able to share that are relevant to RV type conversions? There may be some useful crossover information, i'm specifically looking for other sites that cover specific RV conversion issues (for instance for trailers, anything from small units up to Class 8 big rig stuff as long as it's DIY) since I might find myself with some kind of combination (like a short bus and a converted car hauler) for more flexibility in the future.

Someone else pointed me to http://truckconversion.net/ which covers medium duty through Class 8/semi tractor trailer, toterhome and toy hauler setups and has a forum on DIY conversions though I haven't scoured it too heavily yet.

Also i'll share a powertrain link possibly useful to the right person - 4btswaps.com - covers swapping the Cummins 4bt (the 4 cylender version of the 5.9L inline six in dodge pickups and alot of skoolies) into various vehicles.

What are yours?

nearhomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72
Re: What other DIY RV sites do you know of? (for trailers etc)

There is NO OTHER Site For Buses than this. ALL the knowledge is here. All others suck.

But really, there are some other convertion sites. Bus converters has a pretty good site, and there are others. Google it out.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
Re: What other DIY RV sites do you know of? (for trailers etc)

Here's a few you can get some ideas from:
www . mrsharkey . com/forum/
www . housetrucks . com/maindex.html
www . cheaprvliving . com/
autos . groups.yahoo . com/group/VanDwellers/ (must join to view, but some good people & good ideas there)

You could try some marine application (boat) forums too, lots of great ideas that can cross over, especially for effective use of limited space.