Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Almost There

Year: 92
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Where to find gas tank?

I don't have an answer as to where to get a new one but I have had good luck with the following kit from eastwood, it lines the inside of the tank with some kind of polymer coating that seals all the pinhole rust leaks, course the tank still needs to be structurally strong enough to hold the fuel but I have been happy with in long term use, you'll probably need 2 kits for a tank your size, and they don't tell you until after you purchased it that you also need to purchase muriatic acid and acetone from a hardware store, anyway here is the link to the product
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?item ... pe=PRODUCT

bbbrt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Where to find gas tank?

My old cobra rv that I'm stripping down is also on a john deere/oshkosh chassis. I believe Freightliner is the current "support" path for that chassis. They have service centers all over the place, and one of those might be able to locate a tank for your chassis. If nothing else, they might be able to tell you some cross reference numbers and/or precise dimensions of your tank.

Good luck,
jim
baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote