Old 12-30-2004, 09:49 AM   #11
Almost There

I agree, The kiss method. 12 V is the way for most of us to go. One great advantage for the 6 V batts that was not mentioned is the weight involved. try to manuever and lift a 120 lb 8D and then try to manuever and lift a 6 V Batt.

I have 8 Dyno 6 V batts in the Crown "Farther" in battery boxes and even they are a chore to place in the battery compartment. I would not want to try it with 8 Ds.

Bear in mind that I have 24 V starter in the Crown via a relay system that changes two 12 v batteries to 24 V for the starter only

J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:16 PM   #12
Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
Another great feature of the 6v golf cart batteries is that they are made to take a lot of abuse. They are very rugged and durable and have to be the way golf carts are bashed about with very little suspension. I have owned an electric golf cart and used it as a pit wagon at the track and it took a lot of abuse. The shaking of the bus going down the road would be no problem. The batteries have a great resale value as well, if you decide to change systems, so you could put them in the paper and have them sold to some golf guy in a heartbeat for just about what you paid for them.
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #13
I bought my 6V golf cart batteries at Sams Wholesale.
They ran about 50.00 each.
I have four of them in series/parallel to make a 12v bank.
They have worked very well for about a year now.
I also use a nice multi stage charger with a charge wizard to cycle them if they are not being used for power.
Works well and still have lots of life left.
My son and his wife are living in my bus right now until their house is completed.
1976 International Wayne - ON THE ROAD!!
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote