Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #1

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Awesome.
Chassis: Awesome.
Engine: Awesome.
Whistle Tips

Hey all, we (collectively) just scored a 1987 Ford B-700.

It's the baddest bus in all of America right now, and we haven't even done anything to it but taken the seats out of it.

It used to carry illegal immigrants from Mexico damn near to the Canadian border. So what did we do? We stopped them. It's our bus now.

This bus is about to be converted to a level of awesome that isn't even comprehendable to humanity.

This is where you come in, Skoolie. We do have one questions in this epic feat.

Does anyone know where we can score some WHISTLE TIPS? Woo-Woo.

Love,

J.O. Bros

Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: Whistle Tips

I'm not sure if you're talking about the exhaust mod. If you are, you'd probably need to make it yourself or take it to a muffler shop. It really shouldn't be a hard process.

Watch out though, there are a lot of areas that it's illegal to have one. In areas that it's not illegal, you'll probably attract unfavorable attention for the local mounties and they'll find something to fine you for.

Trust me, you're already attracting attention, driving a Skoolie. I really don't think that you want it to be negative. Remember, even if you're totally legal (which stats show we are all breaking the law in one form or another) and the constable is wrong, it will be a real hassle, not to mention expensive, to straighten out.

Trust me, you don't want the attention.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
Bus Geek

i don't know where to find an exhaust whistle...iv'e never actually heard one before, but there is a reference to them in public act 300 here in michigan, which is the statute that allows police fire ems to have emergency equipment like lights/sirens. PA300 Talks about a siren, horn, bell, or exhaust whistle blah blah blah

anyhow.....

using it on the road is probably akin to using a siren and not really legal, but that doesn't mean you can't use it other places....like while camping, or parades etc.

where to find.....

i have seen propane flame throwers that have a whistle on them to make noise when the thing fires......i think perhaps the whistle came from an old steam engine.

there can't be much rocket science to making a whishtle, there has to be a place online that has instructions.

have you tried ebay?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasting8
Watch out though, there are a lot of areas that it's illegal to have one. In areas that it's not illegal, you'll probably attract unfavorable attention for the local mounties and they'll find something to fine you for.
"That only in the mornin, you're 'posed to be up cookin breakfast for somebody, that's like an alarm clock WOO WOOOO"
- Bub Rub

hahahhaha classic.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #5

Great quote, Phillbus914. You are awesome and I'd like to add you to my Skoolie buddy list. However, while you are quite the awesome fellow, you still are not as awesome and magnificent as our B-700. None of us can ever reach those heights.

While staying off the radar seems like the best option 99% of the time, our bus will fall in the 1% category. It will be so awesome and beautiful that no law enforcement will want to endanger our adventure. Even NASA will have a hard time deciphering whether the bus is a blue whale, a spacecraft, or the most bad-ass school bus in the Northern Hemisphere. When it drives by, people will have to hot-shot a dose of heroin into their veins just to accept it's presence.

Whistle tips are key; it will really lock it all together. People, dogs, cats, infants, birds, chipmunks, koalas - they will all need to be alerted so they will have ample time to react to our skoolie. Some will flock to see the sight - others will have to run and hide.

I haven't been able to contact Bub Rub or Lil' Sis yet. I suspect they have been taken prisoner by Arabs or other anti-American terrorists.

Help us out, Skoolie crew. We'll donate at least 100 pictures if we can just score a link or some location for pre-fashioned Whistle Tips. Whatever the case may be - we must have Whistle Tips.

<3 <3
J.O. Bros
Old 02-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
you still are not as awesome and magnificent as our B-700. None of us can ever reach those heights.
Well well somebody is on a high horse.
I'm sure with your abilities of making the most magnificent bus in America it should not be to hard to figure out how to make a whistle. If you watch the youtube video it pretty well shows you whats needed (not much) nothing a welder couldn't come up with in short time.

look at this and then build one a little bigger for your bus
http://www.turbowhistler.net/?gclid=...FQWnlgoduzU0bg

BTW Google has many links to Exhaust whistle
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
Skoolie

Live by the sword, die by the sword! Go for the %1!
reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw Elbows
Hey all, we (collectively) just scored a 1987 Ford B-700.

It's the baddest bus in all of America right now, and we haven't even done anything to it but taken the seats out of it.

It used to carry illegal immigrants from Mexico damn near to the Canadian border. So what did we do? We stopped them. It's our bus now.

This bus is about to be converted to a level of awesome that isn't even comprehendable to humanity.

This is where you come in, Skoolie. We do have one questions in this epic feat.

Does anyone know where we can score some WHISTLE TIPS? Woo-Woo.

Love,

J.O. Bros
Ha, Ha, Ha, I'l take that challenge and expect to see the pictures.

If you really want whistle tips, you can find them under exhaust whistles. Here is a link for all of the whistle tips you may want:

http://www.google.com/search?q=exhau...L_enUS235US235

Okay now, where are the pictures?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Your B-700 is only awesome if it has a 6.6 or a 7.8....and if you have one of those you already have a whistle in the form of a screaming turbocharger. Seriously...between Ford air brakes and that louder-than-the-average bear turbo do you really need a whistle tip?

And the quote was great.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #10

Chuck - it ain't no motor. Don't ever call it that. It's a diesel powered gift from Zeus he sent straight from the heavens and landed right here in America.

the_experience03, well, let me explain something before your clam-sacks get all bunched up. You'll always be 2nd loser if your attitude stays like that. The B-700 is awesome no matter what's under the hood. So awesome your brain might deflate just from looking into a mirror and saying 'B-700 is my Jesus' three times. Just for your reference, refer to what I already told Chuck. It's no 6.6 or 7.8, it's a lighting bolt sealed in a bottle with 12 pissed off badgers.

And for any na-sayers out there, here's a simple equation to get kick your motor-mouths into idle.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=bus%2C+t ... all&sort=0

Buses are steady, tips are declining. We're about to bring back tips, but we need to go full circle back to a better era. Hop in your Deloriums, strap on your seat belts, and be ready to go full-circle. 2004, here we come. It's going to be like a reverse time bomb of greatness. Exponetionally, incredibly, indefinitely, and most definitely - American.

Last but not least, I give you a picture-present of epic proportions. I hope this clears up any confusion thus far:

Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #11
Bus Geek

are you and Bub-Rub brothers? I noticed that the two of you have the same inflections in your voice....

i just found a bub rub and little sis sound board!

http://www.millerarts.com/interactiv...oundBoard.html

Old 02-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2

Say, what?
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus-bro
Say, what?
Say word.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #14
Bus Nut

I hope you don't mind but I thought of a way to make your bus 6 to 8 times cooler... I know what you're thinking, that's impossible... well check this out.

Bam there it is. Now go rest your eyes, as I'm sure they're sore after taking that all in.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #15
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillbus914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasting8
"That only in the mornin, you're 'posed to be up cookin breakfast for somebody, that's like an alarm clock WOO WOOOO"
- Bub Rub

hahahhaha classic.

BTW, I'm normally asleep in the morin and the only thing I want, wakin me up, is a nice shapely body, stirring by my side .
Old 02-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #16
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Rated Cap: 84

or perhaps something like this...

(I can't take credit for this, I just annotated it.) Now I need to go rest...
Attached Thumbnails
awesometipsbus.png  
dentarthurdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #17
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentarthurdent
or perhaps something like this...
can you imagine the stopping power of those disk brakes, lol.

more to the point though, i much prefer the whistle of a big holset turbo on a cummins with an unrestricted (open-wide) exhaust!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #18

dentarthurdent, come on down, you're the next contestant on 'That's the baddest Skoolie ever.' If buses were transformers, your boom-box creation would be Starscream and our B-700 would be the Megatron of converted school buses.

I believe our Skoolies should get together, lube each other's exhaust pipes with marine grease, and passionately perform the ritual of next-gen bus creation. However, I do believe the offspring of such an Awesome bus on bus love affair would be what is known as a nuclear fission. A exothermic reaction would occur and the earth would collapse in on itself.

Tragic? Maybe. Excellent? Definitely.

<3
J.O. Committee
Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #19
Bus Nut

Are we ever going to see pictures of this bus? I'm starting to wonder if it really exists.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #20
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw Elbows
dentarthurdent, come on down, you're the next contestant on 'That's the baddest Skoolie ever.' If buses were transformers, your boom-box creation would be Starscream and our B-700 would be the Megatron of converted school buses.

I believe our Skoolies should get together, lube each other's exhaust pipes with marine grease, and passionately perform the ritual of next-gen bus creation. However, I do believe the offspring of such an Awesome bus on bus love affair would be what is known as a nuclear fission. A exothermic reaction would occur and the earth would collapse in on itself.
Mr. Elbows, I must reiterate that I cannot take credit for the "Starscream" design. Pursuit of your bus breeding plans would require you to contact a person or persons known as "randomofodication" at Google's 3D Warehouse. I am personally slightly skeptical of whole earth implosion, but you may wish to alert BOAT of your plans and arrange to charge admission as a way to recover your expenses.
dentarthurdent is offline   Reply With Quote