well guys I am the wierd one here. I come from a hot rod show car background. I have been doing body mods and paint for most of my natural life.
The reasons I am starting a skoolie is
1. I love building anything.
2. I have champain taste on a beer budget.
3. There are no commercial rvs that really turn me on, or up to my standards
4. a skoolie will double the square footage of my house
5. I love the shape of 30's to $50's school buses with the round shapely coachwork and the front bodywork is not your average run of mill econo van.
6. I'm in my 40's now and trying to drive above 160mph is just flat dangerous with my slow reaction times
7. I have some pretty wild ideas for my skoolie,( it may anger the purist but I really want to keep the neat aspects of the coachwork, but make it look like it was never a bus at the same time)
8. I just want to se if I can accomplish it.
9. It will definately be my taste and personality.
10. my wife wants an rv
But seriously as small as the the interior of a bus is why can't we use high end materials
Take the bathroom for example in my house at home I could not justify marble but the size of the bus bathroom I can afford it.
so why not. I want the interior of my bus to be dream house that we ( my wife and I) could not afford to do because of the size of the job, and it is a get away from everyday life so why not make a small fantasy of it.?
Yes I do resto's and show cars for a living but I don;t do it for pride or ego. Its an internal drive to make things a good as they can be,
.......and truely that philosophy will transfer into my skoolie.
guys I hope that did not come accross as bragging or egotistical
I really am the odd duck and sometimes that is unsettlling to others
I guess I'm the a typical perfectionist anal but off the wall at the same time