Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2019, 12:42 AM   #41
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
On subsequent screens, I'll leave the paper backing on the "loop" piece. The adhesive against the screen couldn't find enough of a foothold to make it worth the sticky fingers sewing it down! Still have to GooGone de-con my needles on one of these days...
Yes, plural! Lost the thread outta one, it was so sticky around the eye, I couldn't get the thread thru. Eye aye I!
Being long-haired & shed like a Labrador, I put the "hook" panel against the window frame on the theory it would be less likely to collect, compact, and hoard shed follicles than if it were on the removable screen...

Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 PM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Great idea to leave the paper backing. Hmmm, I have some that has hook on one side and loop on the other. That would eliminate the glue all together, except for the need on the metal surface.

My thoughts were to use the hook side on the non-moving wall/ceiling with the same goals in mind. The screens would catch a lot of stuff since they *could* and this *would* move about the cabin so the loop side seems best there. Besides, they might be tossed into the washing machine from time to time as well. No sense tangling them up with other items like the proverbial lost sock or two.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #43
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
Great idea to leave the paper backing. Hmmm, I have some that has hook on one side and loop on the other. That would eliminate the glue all together, except for the need on the metal surface.

My thoughts were to use the hook side on the non-moving wall/ceiling with the same goals in mind. The screens would catch a lot of stuff since they *could* and this *would* move about the cabin so the loop side seems best there. Besides, they might be tossed into the washing machine from time to time as well. No sense tangling them up with other items like the proverbial lost sock or two.
you realise that every lost sock turns into an unmatched tupper ware lid in the cupboard?
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post

Which is why, during pre-wash prep, I ensure all the Velcro closures on my cargo-shorts & -pants are firmly married together!
Mind you, not that I'm any expert on firm marriages...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
you realise that every lost sock turns into an unmatched tupper ware lid in the cupboard?
So tell me why, as a confirmed, year 'round barefooter:
I have piles of unaccountable, "press n burp" plastics! [emoji848]
Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #45
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Which is why, during pre-wash prep, I ensure all the Velcro closures on my cargo-shorts & -pants are firmly married together!
Mind you, not that I'm any expert on firm marriages...So tell me why, as a confirmed, year 'round barefooter:
I have piles of unaccountable, "press n burp" plastics! [emoji848]
I can't answer that - my feet get too hot even in the winter - I haven't worn socks for several years - just wear a cheap pair of Walmart winter boots and spend hours out in the snow with my sleddogs - kick the boots off as soon as I'm back in the house because my feet feel like they are burning - I thought the excess of tupperware lids lay at the feet of the others than live with me, but maybe not?? - lol
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #46
Bus Crazy

Yup!
Kick off the boots, socks,..
Well, lets leave the imagery there, shall we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
I can't answer that - my feet get too hot even in the winter - I haven't worn socks for several years - just wear a cheap pair of Walmart winter boots and spend hours out in the snow with my sleddogs - kick the boots off as soon as I'm back in the house because my feet feel like they are burning - I thought the excess of tupperware lids lay at the feet of the others than live with me, but maybe not?? - lol
Kindly chime in on,
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t