Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #1

Window Screws

Ok, so I'm new to this forum and a very recent shortbus purchaser. 1988 Wayne Chevy G30 van conversion. Here's the question. The screws holding the aluminum window frames in are pretty rusted and looking not so nice. I removed one and took it to the local mecca of all things screw related - McFeelys. Unfortunately they didn't have one that matched. It appears to be a #12 x 3/4" sheet metal screw with very fine threads and truss head. Anyone have any resources for these in aluminum or ss? I can find them about the right size with the truss head but they appear to have coarser threads. I guess it would be fine to substitute the new ones with coarse threads? Thanks.

TheHokieHoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
Bus Nut

You might check out these guys. They have screws.

http://www.fastener-express.com/
busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #3

Thanks Busone. I had previously checked those guys out and the only truss head screws they offer are plated. They don't have any aluminum or ss. I did some google searches and checked out several hardware/screw stores but with no luck. I thought maybe these were something specific to buses. Looks like I may be trying out some alternatives. Thanks again.
TheHokieHoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
Buy a slightly larger thread size and a tap for the course threads. It doesn't take long to drill and rethread the holes and put in the new screws. Might save a lot of time searching.
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote