Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 9
Engine: Cummins
16k miles! Mini Bird. 8500$

Blue bird mini bird, chevy 3500 engine gas.

Chevy bus reg title as a truck

16000k miles !!!!!!

Already started no seats except the driver, the floor is naked and ready for a subfloor. Has working AC and heater. 2 front tires are new. Clean as can be. Need gone asap

8500 firm













sopheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 1,947
Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopheria View Post
Blue bird mini bird, chevy 3500 engine gas.

Chevy bus reg title as a truck

16000k miles !!!!!!

Already started no seats except the driver, the floor is naked and ready for a subfloor. Has working AC and heater. 2 front tires are new. Clean as can be. Need gone asap

8500 firm













if it had 16,000 miles, all of the tires would appear to be as new - if tires have been replaced on that rig, count on 100,000 miles at least
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,145
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I'm wondering why we need 3 spearate threads on this overpriced bus. Or is it overpriced. Normally a $50k vehicle with only 16k on it would certainly be worth more than $8500.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 9
Engine: Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm wondering why we need 3 spearate threads on this overpriced bus. Or is it overpriced. Normally a $50k vehicle with only 16k on it would certainly be worth more than $8500.
Can someone delete 2 of them they must have timed out because my computer only showed that one posted. And I bought my bus for 8500$ from a prison in texas at a auction, I have all the paperwork it was only used to transport people to and from the courthouse. I had to replace the tires cause I ran over a curb and popped the front tire since they were super dry. This isnt a scam or a low ball or anything. Im not trying to make any money im actually loosing money here since I removed the seats and started the floor. The bus engine and body has 16k miles this is my second bus. I dont need negative comments come see it if you have something to say the paperwork speaks for itself.
sopheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 9
Engine: Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
if it had 16,000 miles, all of the tires would appear to be as new - if tires have been replaced on that rig, count on 100,000 miles at least

Why would they appear as new on a 20 year old bus? They look great but are dry as fudge. I had to replace the front 2 because I ran over a curb and popped one. I am not lying or trying to cheat or make money on this bus. I bought it at a auction from the prison in texas. I have all the paperwork and maintenance records this bus has ever had. It was only used to transport people to and from the courthouse until they got a new vehicle and now its mine. You can keep your negative comments to yourself. I bought this bus for 8500 and thats all intend to sell it for. Im only selling because of a breakup.
sopheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Shoot a PM to the forum admin to have whichever 2 you wish to have deleted made gonzo.
You might then want to go to the 2 selected; and post a note in each that they're pending deletion, and paste the URL of the surviving thread (suggest this one- https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t), so's not to lose any potential messages...
(Cute l'il rig. Looks like some nice interior work!
Oh, and welcome to the booby hatch!)
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 9
Engine: Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
if it had 16,000 miles, all of the tires would appear to be as new - if tires have been replaced on that rig, count on 100,000 miles at least


My bus has 0 rust and is in perfect condition minus it needs new back tires because of dry rot. If it sounds "to good to be true" well its the truth. Its honestly a badass little bus and will make someone a great skoolie for another 100k miles.
sopheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,241
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I've got a bus for sale with less than a hundred k on the odo too.
They're out there. Folks just aren't used to seeing a vehicle with LOW miles.
I can tell from the pics it was used gently.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #9
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 1,947
Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopheria View Post
Why would they appear as new on a 20 year old bus? They look great but are dry as fudge. I had to replace the front 2 because I ran over a curb and popped one. I am not lying or trying to cheat or make money on this bus. I bought it at a auction from the prison in texas. I have all the paperwork and maintenance records this bus has ever had. It was only used to transport people to and from the courthouse until they got a new vehicle and now its mine. You can keep your negative comments to yourself. I bought this bus for 8500 and thats all intend to sell it for. Im only selling because of a breakup.


you can expect to get comments on your post in this forum - positive and negative - from my experience, everyone at least tries to be honest in what they say - when I see a 20 year old rig with hard to believe low mileage, I look carefully to see if it can possibly be true - that's why the comments about the tires - next question is about the 'rust free' claim - when I look at the painted floor, it looks to me that the rust was just painted over ?
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #10
Almost There
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Fresnope, CA
Posts: 95
Why paint the floor at all, on a bus with almost no miles on it, before putting down insulation and flooring?
__________________
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.