Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

Engine: Cummins
16k miles! Mini Bird. 8500$

Blue bird mini bird, chevy 3500 engine gas.

Chevy bus reg title as a truck

16000k miles !!!!!!

Already started no seats except the driver, the floor is naked and ready for a subfloor. Has working AC and heater. 2 front tires are new. Clean as can be. Need gone asap

8500 firm

sopheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopheria View Post
Blue bird mini bird, chevy 3500 engine gas.

Chevy bus reg title as a truck

16000k miles !!!!!!

Already started no seats except the driver, the floor is naked and ready for a subfloor. Has working AC and heater. 2 front tires are new. Clean as can be. Need gone asap

8500 firm

if it had 16,000 miles, all of the tires would appear to be as new - if tires have been replaced on that rig, count on 100,000 miles at least
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I'm wondering why we need 3 spearate threads on this overpriced bus. Or is it overpriced. Normally a $50k vehicle with only 16k on it would certainly be worth more than $8500.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm wondering why we need 3 spearate threads on this overpriced bus. Or is it overpriced. Normally a $50k vehicle with only 16k on it would certainly be worth more than $8500.
Can someone delete 2 of them they must have timed out because my computer only showed that one posted. And I bought my bus for 8500$ from a prison in texas at a auction, I have all the paperwork it was only used to transport people to and from the courthouse. I had to replace the tires cause I ran over a curb and popped the front tire since they were super dry. This isnt a scam or a low ball or anything. Im not trying to make any money im actually loosing money here since I removed the seats and started the floor. The bus engine and body has 16k miles this is my second bus. I dont need negative comments come see it if you have something to say the paperwork speaks for itself.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
if it had 16,000 miles, all of the tires would appear to be as new - if tires have been replaced on that rig, count on 100,000 miles at least

Why would they appear as new on a 20 year old bus? They look great but are dry as fudge. I had to replace the front 2 because I ran over a curb and popped one. I am not lying or trying to cheat or make money on this bus. I bought it at a auction from the prison in texas. I have all the paperwork and maintenance records this bus has ever had. It was only used to transport people to and from the courthouse until they got a new vehicle and now its mine. You can keep your negative comments to yourself. I bought this bus for 8500 and thats all intend to sell it for. Im only selling because of a breakup.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Shoot a PM to the forum admin to have whichever 2 you wish to have deleted made gonzo.
You might then want to go to the 2 selected; and post a note in each that they're pending deletion, and paste the URL of the surviving thread (suggest this one- https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t), so's not to lose any potential messages...
(Cute l'il rig. Looks like some nice interior work!
Oh, and welcome to the booby hatch!)
Old 08-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post

My bus has 0 rust and is in perfect condition minus it needs new back tires because of dry rot. If it sounds "to good to be true" well its the truth. Its honestly a badass little bus and will make someone a great skoolie for another 100k miles.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I've got a bus for sale with less than a hundred k on the odo too.
They're out there. Folks just aren't used to seeing a vehicle with LOW miles.
I can tell from the pics it was used gently.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopheria View Post
Why would they appear as new on a 20 year old bus? They look great but are dry as fudge. I had to replace the front 2 because I ran over a curb and popped one. I am not lying or trying to cheat or make money on this bus. I bought it at a auction from the prison in texas. I have all the paperwork and maintenance records this bus has ever had. It was only used to transport people to and from the courthouse until they got a new vehicle and now its mine. You can keep your negative comments to yourself. I bought this bus for 8500 and thats all intend to sell it for. Im only selling because of a breakup.

you can expect to get comments on your post in this forum - positive and negative - from my experience, everyone at least tries to be honest in what they say - when I see a 20 year old rig with hard to believe low mileage, I look carefully to see if it can possibly be true - that's why the comments about the tires - next question is about the 'rust free' claim - when I look at the painted floor, it looks to me that the rust was just painted over ?
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #10
Skoolie

Why paint the floor at all, on a bus with almost no miles on it, before putting down insulation and flooring?
Old 08-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
Why paint the floor at all, on a bus with almost no miles on it, before putting down insulation and flooring?
Preventive maintenance, they should have done it from the factory, but it would have added expense. If have the floor bare, play it safe and put a rust preventive paint down to ensure longevity in your build.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:23 PM   #12
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Preventive maintenance, they should have done it from the factory, but it would have added expense. If have the floor bare, play it safe and put a rust preventive paint down to ensure longevity in your build.
I assumed they all came painted from the factory. Yeah, it needs to be there!
Old 08-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #13
Almost There

Engine: 2000 International 3800 T444E
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
Is this bus still available?
Magden5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:35 PM   #14
Almost There

Anyone? Anyone? 😁
Old 08-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magden5 View Post
Anyone? Anyone? 😁
If you're looking for a bus, you should look at the Nuke Bus that EastCoastCB has for sale. Dunno what size bus you're looking at, but this might fit the bill

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/th...s-22063-3.html
Old 08-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #16
Bus Nut

For a 5-window, the gasser is probably plenty powerful.

These things have great interior space, and all the ones I've seen have decent headroom. I'd say its a great alternative to someone looking at a cutaway or van chassis. The asking price might be a bit steep IMO.
Mark_In_MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:29 PM   #17
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Bru View Post
If you're looking for a bus, you should look at the Nuke Bus that EastCoastCB has for sale. Dunno what size bus you're looking at, but this might fit the bill

I just looked at that bus ... nice bus.

The bus in this thread is a nice bus as well. I like that it is already gutted and the floor is painted That is a perfect starting point for a build!
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #18

Yes, but a lady is coming to check it out tomorrow to buy it. She had her mechanic look at it today. If she decides she wants it ill ask to close this thread.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #19
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
I just looked at that bus ... nice bus.

The bus in this thread is a nice bus as well. I like that it is already gutted and the floor is painted That is a perfect starting point for a build!
I'm not going to speak for ECCB, but I believe he'd mentioned that he'd remove the seats for an upcharge, I'd guess that he'd also do some other demo work for some other sweet sweet $$$$ too. I seem to remember him loving to do demo work, and the price difference between the two buses leaves a lot of room for upcharges. I dunno, just a thought. Not sure if he made a separate sale thread for the Nuke Bus or if it's just the one thread.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #20
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Bru View Post

Thank you! If it were a bit smaller ,I would def buy from ECCB!
Thanks fro this!