Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #1

1956 Crown Bus partially converted

1956 Crown Bus - 36 ft, partially converted to a motor home. It has a 1987 Ford L900 Semi Cummins L10 diesel engine and manual transmission put in it. The engine was running great back 2002 when it was taken out of the truck and placed in the bus (the engine has apprx 180,000 miles on it). It is partially hooked up. Airride is in. It is a single axel in the back with dually's. It is rough-framed in the inside - bathroom, kitchen, etc. The outside just needs to be painted. We have all the paint for it already. This project was a dream of our father’s, but they are downsizing and moving and are not able to bring the bus to continue work on it. We are hoping to get at least $3,000 for it, but are willing to consider all offers. Have title. Pictures are available upon request. Please call or text me at 320-630-4421.

(Sorry, but my picture failed to load on this thread).

marykays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Photos need to go through imgur or photobucket before they'll load here.

That sounds like a nice deal.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #3

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Partially converted motor home

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Photos need to go through imgur or photobucket before they'll load here.

That sounds like a nice deal.

How does a person do that?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by marykays View Post
How does a person do that?
If you go here
Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing
you can create an account for free, then you can upload and store any pics you want to share on the forum. Imgur also apparently works fine. My guess is this process protects the site from viruses.

Once on the site after you've uploaded pics you browse your library of pics and select one you want to post. When the pic has loaded there is a share button near the top right of your photo that you click. It loads onto the clipboard from that button, then you just click into your text on the skoolie forum and paste where you want it. Do a practice pic to make sure it works first. I was finally told how to do this a couple days ago. I had part of it right, just not enough.

Good luck.

Simple right?

Even after registration with the photo site is done, you can see it's still kind of a pain to post pics. Photos are one of the most common ways to spread viruses.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:43 PM   #6

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
New users can't post links without approval in the beginning to prevent spam. After a certaain number off post, the system allows it.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Looks like a nice project but the cost to get it trucked home would be 3 or 4 times the purchase price.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:54 AM   #8

Old 05-26-2016, 05:59 AM   #9

That's the unfortunate part. I hope we find it a good home. It would be nice to see someone want to continue on with it versus someone buying it for parts. I finally got a picture to post in a different reply message.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:00 AM   #10
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
plus trying to make a transplant drivetrain work... just ask tango about that.. even if that engine is sitting in that bus it doesnt mean its hooked up fully and ready to run... and without a lot of careful observations.. it may be that it wont work correctly and thus the project ceased..

the RV peoprion looks like its going well.. but that transplant would bother me unless theres lots of info out there on the net that its been tried before

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Now on the flip side, if someone wanted a tiny home to put on a piece of property somewhere and had no intention of ever driving it, this would make a great stationary tiny home. Remove the engine and drivetrain components and drivers area and you would have even more space for storage, the utilities, etc. You might try marketing it from this angle as well since the tiny home movement is going strong right now and this would make a cool retro looking tiny home!
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #12

Update on the bus price -

We didn’t really know what to ask for the bus, so we originally said somewhere between $3,000 - $4,000, as someone told us that the engine is worth close to the lower end of that. This is my elderly parent’s bus and they have sold their place and are now moving and are unable to bring the bus with them. They have to be moved out by the end of June, as well as the bus. We have had an offer of $1,500 so far, and someone else who looked at it last week is going to let us know in a couple of days. We are hoping to get a little more out of it than that if possible if we are able to sell it sooner. Each week we will keep dropping the price of what we were hoping to get and will take the $1,500 if necessary.

So as of now, we are between $2,500 - $3,000, with each week dropping. If anyone is nterested in the bus or making an offer now or later on, please let me know. Thanks!

320-630-4421

- Mary Kay