Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #1

Year: 1958
Engine: 327
1958 Chevy Skoolie -Get your bus on...

Mechanically sound. Psychically aligned. I've been loving on her for 20 years but time to move on. Been to burning man twice, baja, Saline Valley for weeks at a time. The border patrol guy gripped the driver's window sill with his leather, fingerless gloves, looked down her length with his reflective shades and turned toward me nodding "Nice Ride." Cars pull up along side on the freeway to gawk, honk & give me the thumbs up. Dudes: chicks dig it. And if you're a chick driving this thing? OMG. German man in Sequoia Natl Park looking over engine compartment said "Dis vud neva be allowed in jermany" I'll throw in the awesome lichen colony that has taken up residence on the back. Goes 65 on the freeway. Took 15 rangers to a grove of giant sequoias where candles were lit, guitars were played and wine was drunk. Rebuilt transmission, installed insulation, replaced single-reservoir brakes with safer dual-reservoir system. Solar panels on top. Sink, stove, oven, 2-way propane refrigerator. couches with storage in them. Table to sit at. Chevy 327 (classic corvette) pulls hard enough to have not noticed that the car I was towing was still in gear (blew it up). Dual speed rear transmission (but never hooked up). Rough around the edges - which makes for a good project. Helpful if driver has some mechanical aptitude. A living room wherever you go. Insurance is $154 a YEAR!! Registration is $76 a YEAR (registered with DMV as "motorhome"). Photos: Baja dayz, central californica, at the burn, cook'n with friends, burn flashback,
Grass Valley, CA $9,500
Attached Thumbnails
saline valley.jpg   Baja dayz.jpg   burn 2005.JPG   cooking with friends.jpg   IMG_8375.jpg  

IMG_8378.jpg   IMG_5827.JPG   IMG_8383.jpg  

RSanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
A real classic. Best of luck with it.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #3

Year: 1958
Engine: 327
new to forum... how do I get picture associated with user profile?!
RSanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSanger View Post
new to forum... how do I get picture associated with user profile?!
Go to the userCP and look for Edit Profile Picture in the column on the left.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote