Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #1

Year: 1980
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 366 ci gasser
1966 GMC bus for sale

this 1966 GMC bus has the big V/6 of that era with standand trans and 2 speed rear end. new tires and tubes on the front some of the windows have been covered and some insulation was installed. just started to convert. to many projects right now.. runs very quite. needs some brake work. would like to get my investment back. $1,000.00 this bus is located in colorado.. thank you for the time.

[/img]

vtwinmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #2

Re: 1966 GMC bus for sale

Do you still have your bus?
bbqingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #3

Re: 1966 GMC bus for sale

Hey there,

I recognize this bus ;-}. It has been a long time but I know someone who could use it if you still have it available.

Thanx~T
tntbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Vintage school bus

I love this bus. But this is really a GMC Carpenter rather than a Wayne. Special School District of St. Louis County bought scores of these buses. The ones they bought with the Vistaramic windshield came as 24 passenger buses and 36 passenger buses. The 24 passenger buses were Fords with 3-speed automatics. The 36 passengers were bought came with both 4-speed manual transmissions and a 3-speed automatic transmission. Inward/outward doors are good since each time you close them, you get a pretty good seal. But the downside to any bus that has one leaf of a door or a jacknife door opening inside the bus leaves a spot for where air can come up from the bottom step. All of the Vistaramic Carpenter buses Special bought had panic-free doors where both door leaves swung outward. I am not sure who bout this, but if the new owner decides to sell it, my good friend Scott Thompson of Branson Gray Line would like to have it for his hop on/hop off bus service. He would have to convert the transmission to automatic because these days, there are some drivers that can't shift. Converting the transmission from manual to automatic is something. Inside the bus, you have to pull the clutch pedal out and leave only the brake and the throttle.
1964 Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:04 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964 Carpenter View Post
I love this bus. But this is really a GMC Carpenter rather than a Wayne. Special School District of St. Louis County bought scores of these buses. The ones they bought with the Vistaramic windshield came as 24 passenger buses and 36 passenger buses. The 24 passenger buses were Fords with 3-speed automatics. The 36 passengers were bought came with both 4-speed manual transmissions and a 3-speed automatic transmission. Inward/outward doors are good since each time you close them, you get a pretty good seal. But the downside to any bus that has one leaf of a door or a jacknife door opening inside the bus leaves a spot for where air can come up from the bottom step. All of the Vistaramic Carpenter buses Special bought had panic-free doors where both door leaves swung outward. I am not sure who bout this, but if the new owner decides to sell it, my good friend Scott Thompson of Branson Gray Line would like to have it for his hop on/hop off bus service. He would have to convert the transmission to automatic because these days, there are some drivers that can't shift. Converting the transmission from manual to automatic is something. Inside the bus, you have to pull the clutch pedal out and leave only the brake and the throttle.
cool bus, but the thread is 10 years old so im guessing it has long gone to a new owner.. the only thing scary to me about these is the curved windshield on them.
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote