Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #1

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 366
Rated Cap: 66
Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf0r
1967 Ford 289 Engine For Sale in Indiana

I have a great running 289 out of 1967 Mercury Cougar. I pulled this engine 5 years ago and have been running it in my 72 F-100 since then. I have pulled it back out again along with the transmission and decided to sell it. I am switching to fuel injection. I will spare the history on the engine and get to what comes with it.

The engine is bone stock internally not cammed up and rodded out. It has an Edelbrock dual plane intake, with a tuned 600 Holley with vacuum secondaries. I installed this because I was thinking about running it on alcohol mixture and it would be an easy conversion.
It has Mickey Thompson valve covers and electronic ignition with wiring and box. This engine develops its peak at about 3500 rpms. I am including the alternator with brackets, powersteering pump, pulleys, belts, air cleaner, fan with spacer. This engine ran perfect when I pulled it back in the fall, it has a smooth idle, no noises, no smoke, and no problems. I have the choke, mixture screws and timing set perfect. Pump it 3 times and it hits every time, goes into fast idle and smooths out in a few minutes. It's as close as I can get to fuel injection quality with a carb. I also have the OEM 2 barrel intake and carb that goes with it. Front sump oil pan will fit in most ford unibodies, Mustang, Cougar, Falcon, Maverick, Comet Ranchero etc.

$400 cash buys the engine, no I won't take less. I sold this on E-bay for $450 and the guy backed out on picking it up. So I am giving you guys first chance before I list it again. I have photos and will answer any questions. If you are seriously interested send a e-mail to Wolf0r@yahoo.com, I will send you my phone number. If you have paypal account or send my a deposit ASAP I will hold it. If you want to pay in full, I will hold the engine for 30 days or until you can pick it up. I could possibly ship it by truck freight but it's expensive. Plus I would have to charge for crating it up. Which I don't mind for another $50 and you pay the freight.

There is a C4 transmission bolted to the back still, If you want it throw in another $100 and it's yours. It is set up for a pickup with the double driveshafts. Meaning it has a yoke bolted to the output shaft, and a deep pan with the dipstick screwed in the pan. Shifted fine no slippage, the pan gasket leaks l little. Seals are dry no leakage. The driveshafts and carrier bearing is included if you take the tranny.

Don't miss out on this deal. The reason I am selling this is to finance my F-100 project, plus I just don't have the room for another engine in my garage.

Wolf0r is offline   Reply With Quote