Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #1

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
1972 partially converted Wayne for sale in FL

listing again
Hoping to take it home...again...plans changed...again. Been through a traumatic experience and have to sell my beautiful, 1972 partially converted Wayne school bus on short notice. Located outside of Gainesville, and ready to be looked at. 37 feet long, interior in excellent condition, exterior only needs a good wash. Has been serviced by a mechanic, and road ready. Leak free. Door seals need replacing soon. Eight outlets throughout the bus. No running water or water tank on board. Willing to negotiate a fair price.
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/rvs/3548711151.html
if you want more images, reply here. If you have something mean to say...at least say it constructively. Not one to get personal, but I've been through far too much in the last week to read pages and pages of comments on how stupid I am. But I do love skoolies and read the forums lots, so if you have feedback...okay. Thanks guys and looking fwd to hearing from you!

hiphippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: 1972 partially converted Wayne for sale

Sorry to hear,there isa person looking in fl now tho'

Why not edit line to "partially converted wayne for sale in florida"
Good luck
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Re: 1972 partially converted Wayne for sale in FL

Gas or diesel?
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphippie
listing again
Hoping to take it home...again...plans changed...again. Been through a traumatic experience and have to sell my beautiful, 1972 partially converted Wayne school bus on short notice...
Hiphippie, I can't say I know what you're going thru, but I feel for you. Don't know which would be worse, not being able to get a bus at all, or already having one I like but having to get rid of it. (Depends on what other life circumstances are going on, of course.)

The closest thing I have to funds to get a bus is to barter my 'Bago. I'm troubleshooting some electrical bugs to make that possible. Hard to get any money or trade for a vehicle on which the taillights don't go on unless you put it in reverse (instead of the back-up lights). "She's fine as long as you don't drive at night...and don't back up!"

Last time you got objections like, "I wouldn't buy it. Too much tear out needed." OK, we all dream of having a bus that's empty and ready to convert, but I'd really rather have something like yours than something with 22 tattered seats to get rid of. If nothing else, the panels are reusable because they look like they fit the roof contours quite well. For what you've got, nice workmanship. Football tailgaters and others who do rough camping in mild weather might like it fine as is. Adding a toilet, even a Porta Potty, I wouldn't think would be a big deal...not enough to be a deal-breaker. Nice thing about skoolies or other bus conversions is being able to custom-make the interior. The rub is that it wouldn't matter what you did to it, someone would find something wrong with it. But your "match" is out there. Good luck.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Posting Bus for sale

In trying to sell your bus, tell all ya know. You should include nothing emotionally, just information about what you are selling. My personal requirements are the bus maker, engine, trans maker and speeds, milage, age of tires and sizes, previous owner, total length, general body condition and color. Other good information would be length of ownership, can bus be driven, any known faults, storage available, for what time period. Asking price for bus, information about any trades, any serious defects. Do not tell about any trips or failures. Batteries purchased by new owner. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
Bus Nut

bump
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote