Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

1984 VW Rabbit GTI--Trade for Skoolie

Heyyo--I'm interested in trading my ~55,000 mile '84 Westmoreland Rabbit for some sort of camper. See pics in link below for how sweet it is. I've currently got it listed on The Samba, but have been getting only cash offers which isn't my preference.

I am open to any trade offers, but lean slightly toward shorter buses, rv park hookups, and toilet solutions. Shower is not a priority, but cook top, fridge, and sink are!

link (w/pics):
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2138516

howe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by howe101 View Post
Heyyo--I'm interested in trading my ~55,000 mile '84 Westmoreland Rabbit for some sort of camper. See pics in link below for how sweet it is. I've currently got it listed on The Samba, but have been getting only cash offers which isn't my preference.

I am open to any trade offers, but lean slightly toward shorter buses, rv park hookups, and toilet solutions. Shower is not a priority, but cook top, fridge, and sink are!

link (w/pics):
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2138516
Very cool little Rabbit. I had a euro model 79.
If I were you I'd sell it to some VW fanatic. With cash in had you can buy a NICE bus at an auction for substantially less than a dealer or CL. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Very cool little Rabbit. I had a euro model 79.
If I were you I'd sell it to some VW fanatic. With cash in had you can buy a NICE bus at an auction for substantially less than a dealer or CL. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you!
Thanks very much! I am hoping to get it into the hands of a VW fanatic if possible. Interestingly, Ebay has given me the best hits in terms of cash offers. I think the fellas from the right era who get the nostalgia hit from a clean Rabbit and who work comfortable jobs tend to scroll ebay and offer higher dollar amounts, rather than trawling hobbyist threads to pounce on a sweet deal that appears once in a blue moon.
howe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:56 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: E450 #Vanlife
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 25
My 3rd performance shop was 1 mile from the Westmoreland site which is now Sony. The town closest was Mt Pleasant. You want to talk about some fanatical ownership of old VW's...wow. I worked on primarily Japanese, doing forced induction systems, dyno tuning, etc. When I did the finish street tuning for part throttle tables and what not, I'd go right past that site. Had lots of associates whose dads built VW's there.

There's some sick modded old rabbits and gti's around those parts.
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trade, volkswagen