Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2016, 03:02 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: International
Engine: 7.3L Diesel
Rated Cap: 72
1986 International Diesel Partially Converted $2000 Orange, TX

I have a 1986 International 40' bus that has already been partially converted in Orange, TX. It is an automatic, 7.3L, dognose style bus. The odometer only reads 48K miles and it runs amazingly strong; I have no idea if the odometer has rolled over or not, but based on the way it runs, maybe not! It has had all the seats and wall panels/old insulation removed, has been partially filled in with rigid foam insulation, and has tons of materials that would go with it to complete the job (including all the insulation you need, alot of wood which has already been cut to the proper lengths, a double stainless steel sink, some wood flooring, etc.). The windows have all been carefully sealed and the bus has been under a tarp for several months. It does not have any leaks in the roof. The hood of the bus needs some body work and it needs a front bumper and driver's seat. I would absolutely love to see this bus go to someone who actually has the time to turn it into the dream RV that I see in my mind. I bought the bus itself for a steal at $1000 and have put around $3000 in materials and labor into it, but if someone who wants to continue the project would send $2000 (firm) my way, I'd be very happy with that.

I am currently in Costa Rica and the bus is parked at my mother's house; if anyone is interested I can ask her to take pictures. I am also planning on coming back sometime soon so if someone is interested this could serve as my motivator to head back stateside. The interior is loaded with construction materials but you can still get an idea of what is going on. When I left two months ago the bus was in a ready to drive away state, and had been started up once per week (started immediately every time), save for the fact that it is muddy and may need a tow truck to be pulled out (it is only a few feet away from a paved street so it would be an easy tow and I would handle that for a serious buyer). Write to me at wilcoxjamie77@gmail.com Let's chat!!

Take care, Jamie

jwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:02 PM   #2

I am very interested I pictures of your bus
DarciHedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #3

Sorry...forgot to give my email. It's: kaseyjailouwho2@yahoo.com
DarciHedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
I'm in the Houston-ish area and I would also like to see some pics. which transmission is it?
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #5

Still for sale? I would love to see pics! Extremely interested! Is it reliable enough to fly out and drive it home if I bring a driver seat?

Peacefully,
Alicia

ladylensch@gmail.com
Ladylensch@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #6

Im interested in seeing pics too if its still available jeskoopmans[at]gmail[dot]com
Koops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
They decided not to sell at the moment
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
international, orange tx, partial conversion