Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP
Engine: Cummins 6BT
Rated Cap: 78
1986 International for sale

Hi all, we have a 1986 international 65 passenger bus we are looking to sell. It has around 139,xxx miles, dt466, allison automatic 4 speed, auto tire chains and electric retarder. Seats have been removed, there is a propane stove, wood burning stove, bed that raises up to accommodate dirtbikes and other toys, storage areas on both sides that the bed rests on, 3 lockable storage compartments under the carriage (some need rekeyed or new locks), it has a laminate wood floor in decent shape and some odds and ends built into it (tables, etc) and the interior is also painted a brown/red color, some chipping in spots. the only rust are the storage boxes mounted underneath. i think these were built at a later time and were made with a different metal than the rest of the bus which corroded first. they are all useable but one may have the desire to do something with them during a remodel. it also has a mini fridge (electric), doesnt look pretty but works. my wife and I have lived in it for over a year and are looking to move into our 'new' bus (1990 thomas mvp) and do some traveling this winter. the international is a great bus, we have taken it to arkansas and back (over 2k miles) with no problems, but we are going with the mvp to try a new set up. the bus runs strong, shifts great, will do about 65 on the flats, we just dont need 2 buses for what we are trying to do anymore. it is set up for living now, but probably a little primitive for most peoples taste, no running water, no bathroom, etc. We just wanted to move into it ASAP and get out of rent so we were not too picky on that stuff, we also live in a place that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to have water in an RV for 6 months out of the year so it seemed like a waste of time/money to us at the time. this bus is a great base to start your conversion (basically remodel and add some things to your specs), use as a guest house or use up on some land as a getaway. we are willing to disassemble what we have done if the new owner so desires or leave it as is (minus a couple family heirloom furniture pieces). We were not looking for an 'RV' style skoolie, we wanted something personal, simple, rustic and more like a backwoods, off grid cabin, which it is, we spent -30F nights in this bus with only the wood stove. we had planned on remodeling the bus as we went, but with the other bus in mind and plans changing its not in the cards. we are looking to get as much as we can for it to fund our trip, but are considering all serious offers. here is a link to my craigslist ad although i have probably already said everything here and more haha. you can contact me here (dont check it too often) call the number on the add or email me through craigslist, just let me know your from the forum. price is negotiable of course and highly dependent on what the buyer really wants to buy. link also has some pictures but if you search my screen name on here you will find more info and some links to videos of the bus on youtube.

http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/3820385900.html
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11316

jlhollowx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: 1986 International for sale

We are also willing to remove the wood stove and propane stove and dropping the asking price to 2500 OBO.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Re: 1986 International for sale

this bus has been SOLD!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #4