Converted Bus - Mini Bird with Chevy Diesel
1987 Mini Bird with 6.2 Chevrolet Diesel w/ Auto Trans
Clean title & SMOG exempt! Never worry about it ever again.
This bus was in service in Sacramento up until ~10k miles ago (school dist. keep impeccable maintenance). The owner before me bought it for a trip out to Florida and back. I cruised up & down Donner Summit passing trucks in 90 degree heat. This bus holds 65 mph on the freeway no problem.
Strong running, Burning Man tested, beautifully customized short bus. (Approx 23' long)
The size is perfect - short enough to park in shopping malls but with the full width and standing room of a full size bus. Gets approx 12 mpg... not bad at all for a vehicle this size. This is based on a Chevy P30 chassis (common box van) so parts and service are easy to find.
Everything works: all interior & running lights, interior fans, heavy duty heaters. Tires are in great shape. Custom paint with black racing stripe.
I bought this a year and a half ago for Burning Man and it has served me so well. Over $2k in receipts, not to mention the many hours it labor, to get it to where it is today.
In the last 5k miles:
- (2) Brand new batteries
- Brand new alternator
- New starter solenoid
- New glow plugs
- New fuel filter
- New stereo and speakers
- New dining table
- New queen bed platform with heavy duty drawers
- New spare belts included
- Trailer hitch (for cargo
Interior set up:
- 12v power inverter
- Carpeted throughout
- Amazing Cherry dining table with seating for 4
- Tinted windows and privacy curtains all around
- Walls trimmed in felt & cherry wood
- Queen bed (6" memory foam slept on once) with a LOT of drawer storage in beautiful bamboo
- Carpeted storage lofts in front & rear with privacy curtains
- La-z-boy leather recliner (another great place to sleep)
- Hammock anchored to ceiling (can support ANOTHER sleeping adult)
- Pioneer head unit with bluetooth, aux and usb capability
- Kicker amplifier
- (2) 12" Pioneer subwoofers
- (4) JVC 5.25" speakers in the ceiling
The ONLY issue is the failed relay on the gas gauge. I am sure it is a simple fix but I never bothered. I just top off the 30 gallon tank every 200 miles to be safe.
This has everything you need in an RV without the hassle of cleaning a toilet and grey water tanks. These buses are built MUCH more sturdy that an RV. Why spent $4k+ to RENT something for Burning Man when you can own this epic bus??? Hurts me to sell but I've moved on to other things and I can't see it sit. That's why it is priced to sell quickly.
$5000 obo... call and make me a *serious* offer. Not interested in any trades. Thank you!
Bus will be available for showings on Treasure Island.