Old 05-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
1989 2-axle Crown for sale

1989 2-axle 35+ft (stretched Classic Supercoach body) Detroit Diesel 6-71 turbocharged, Automatic Transmission, Good body condition. It's sitting at a scrap yard who got it from a recent District auction, and he intends to part it out (soon)unless somebody comes forward and gives him the $5k he can get for the parts if he pulls it apart. I started it but it runs rough and sounds like there may be a bad injector and needs a tuneup. If you're looking for a solid foundation to build with you can't go wrong, and whatever is going on with the engine can be fixed and you'll have a very good runner. I'm not involved at all and merely raising the alarm for anybody looking for a seriously worth it Crown to acquire. They are most definitely getting scarcer and prices are going up, and conditions for those still available are going down, the perfect ones have been snatched up. Be serious and willing to move right now and you can do a deal with him. Contact: Josh Zacker 310-704-4067.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Minimum costs:
Rebuilt engine $5000
Engine rebuild kit $1500
Injectors $50 each
DWJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Too Late now

It's being parted out and scrapped as we speak. Too bad because it was in great condition except for some engine work. Which could be expensive but would likely be the last time you ever needed to touch the engine....if done correctly. RV mileage is nothing compared to what commercial or district operators put on a Crown. In fact you would not have even fully broke it back in after a major engine rebuild, or in-frame, for the next 30 years. And so another one bites the dust. Have I said lately how much I hate the Kalifornia eco-nazi's and their gov't hacks for what they're doing to these excellent examples of vehicular engineering and design. spit.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Find a way of getting them out here to the east coast, maybe?
Seems silly to crush something like that.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I know the price offered on that bus was spectacular for that model of bus, but how much can they possibly get out of it if the crush it? If they sold it at half of their asking price they'd still make more money than they made from the scrapping it. Unless they're parting it out.

Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

That's too bad. I was really hoping someone would step in and save this one. $5000 wasn't a bad price for this bus at all considering that it was a desirable automatic Crown and it had a straight, clean body.

I know it's not possible to save them all, but I was really happy when I heard that the final eight Anaheim Crowns were being sold rather than scrapped. I didn't see it coming that a scrapper was going to buy one of them out of the district auction.

Dave
cascade crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:53 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD6-71T
Rated Cap: 78
I Got One of the Anaheim Crowns

They are getting rare. I just picked up this 1988 Crown tandem. 855 turbo Cummins with a 10 speed. Took it over the mountains from Southern California to Northern California (the Grapevine) the whole way in 10th gear. Passed the trucks in the steepest sections doing 30 mph and I was doing 67 and dogging it. It was one of the Anaheim High Crowns. This was their show and parade bus. I was very lucky to get it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1491079004712.jpg (68.5 KB, 43 views)

Danville, California
http://www.transtraks.com
gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarvel View Post
They are getting rare. I just picked up this 1988 Crown tandem. 855 turbo Cummins with a 10 speed. Took it over the mountains from Southern California to Northern California (the Grapevine) the whole way in 10th gear. Passed the trucks in the steepest sections doing 30 mph and I was doing 67 and dogging it. It was one of the Anaheim High Crowns. This was their show and parade bus. I was very lucky to get it.
You are not going to make many friends that way..... Kidding!

Crown tandem.... 855 Cummins and a 10 speed RR..... My dream bus.

How did you manage to snag it?
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:13 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Super Sweet! But I thought Kaliphate of Kaliphornia was crushing all those evil planet killers (?).
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:07 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD6-71T
Rated Cap: 78
Historical Plated or RV

This Anaheim bus I got for $7,500, plus a whole bunch of parts. Was previously a Detroit. District about a year ago put a totally rebuilt Cummins 855 turbo in it. I am keeping it a school bus with historical plates. Not covered by CARB. Also, if registered as an RV, not covered by CARB.
gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote