Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Re: 1989 Crown for sale 40ft Cummins 300hp

I never said that the rear-end was worked on or changed I said that I had no way of
knowing if it had been because I can't tell from the outside and I didn't drive it as I've
already conceded. You seem to spout right off without taking the time to read what
I've written. Check out my email reply to you where I answered all of your questions
and then offered a proposal right back at you. Give it a rest until tomorrow for both
our sakes.

I think this latest post of yours is way out of line and just plain silly. If you really
want to buy one of these then you'll consider my proposal. You offered to buy my
bus if I have so much faith in this other one still for sale. I said I'd sell it for a little
more than I paid for it and then I'd use the proceeds to go get this other bus. But
since you can't get here until the Spring to pick it up anyway what's the difference
if you don't pay me the $6k for my bus and I go and get the other bus and bring it
home anyway. So why don't you keep it simple and give me a $1k deposit and I
go and incur the expenses to go and get it and then fix it up and you can pick it
up in the Spring. I don't care what you do but I'm not going to go and buy this
bus and pay for storage on spec. especially from someone like you who only seems
interested in beating me up and ruining any chance to save this bus, which is
what I thought you were interested in doing. You say you have bought and sold
a lot of buses and that's pretty much what I figured from your tone and
aggressiveness. You're a used bus broker and enjoy the jazz of the deal. So
you got my deal, $1k non refundable deposit and I go and retrieve and fix
whatever is wrong with it. I will then have first hand knowledge of it's condition
and can safely say that it runs etc. I even offered to pay the storage fees
because I figure you are serious enough to come and get it in the Spring with
$1k of your money on the line. Worst case is you lose the deposit and I lose
some time and expenses. You want to play this game from far away in Hawaii
then that's the deal, take it or leave it. I'm done defending myself from someone
like you who has way too much time on your hands and an intent to poison
it for me and anybody else who might want to buy and save this Crown.
By the way, for anybody else reading this and worrying about my intentions
and weather the bus is OK and really what I've said it is. Ignore the
sabre rattling of this guy, he has issues, and I'll offer the same terms to
anyone who wants to buy it. $1k non refundable up front and I'll go get it
and bring it home and prove it is what I say it is and then you come get it in
the Spring from me here in the Los Angeles area. It will be road worthy and
ready to roll, if it runs of course, which is what he seems so fond of
hammering me with. If it doesn't run, the scrap yard owner would already
know that, and it wouldn't have been sitting there all this time, He'd have
scrapped it as soon as he got it, and none of us would be having all this fun.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

What is happening in this thread? These long posts seem to contain something not right.

If someone wants to buy this bus, give them the address, and other contact info, and let them do the deal.

Third party **** always go's bad. Life changes, money is gone, ect.

This is just a bus, not a chunk of gold.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #23

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Don't buy the bus if you're not comfortable! Sheesh. Drag the guy through the mud for offering to help. WTF is that all about.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
Don't buy the bus if you're not comfortable! Sheesh. Drag the guy through the mud for offering to help. WTF is that all about.
Agreed. This is starting to get absurd, lol... One thing is for sure, you are both very thorough in your posts!!

AKA: If I had $4000, I'd be on a plane headed for AZ!!

Brutus
Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #25

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC
Quote:
Agreed. This is starting to get absurd, lol... One thing is for sure, you are both very thorough in your posts!!

I can't get past a few lines. Since this is a family forum, I can't say what I really think.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #26
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14

Moki-and what have YOU brought to the party? Don't want the bus? DONT BUY IT! Know of a better one? BUY THAT ONE! Dont like the way this guy writes his posts? GO READ ANOTHER ONE!
Geez....

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
Old 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #27
Bus Nut

All I see here is a guy who want to buy this bus but wants it at less than the 4K asking price and thinks that bashing someone over the head about misrepresentation is going to get the price lowered.

Does anyone else think it's a bit weird that the guy doing the bashing hasn't posted anything here since 2009, and suddenly is the most active member?

If I had the cash, I would be racing JakeC to AZ!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #28
Skoolie

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9

I am new to this forum. I am looking for a bus to convert or one that has been done already. How can I see the photos? Also how hard is it to drive a 10 speed?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #29
Skoolie

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9

I think they put it on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... rid=229466
Old 01-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #30
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

You can cast all the aspersions you like............but it's not about beating anyone up. it's about putting facts on the table...........this was presented in the initial post as being a fantastic Crown Tandem.

With all kinds of representations made:

Reality Check: Middleman has never driven the bus, middleman has never even seen the bus run: Crown is presented only from his point of view within the context of a wholly different bus.

We don't know if it runs. We don't know if it steers. We don't know anything as to whether it brakes, if the gauges function, turn signals work...........WE don't know crap.......I'm not trying to beat anyone out of anything. I just want the truth about this Crown if I'm going to pay 4K for it. WTF is wrong with that?

Do I want to pay 4K for a Crown that has not been seen to run, has not been driven? Do I really have to answer that. All of you guys who would like to beat me up for being a Prick.........go read the original offer for this Crown that heads this thread. Then juxtapose that upon what we now know.

Here's what I know: This is a nice looking Crown: I DO NOT KNOW IF ANY OF THE MYRIAD OF SYSTEMS ARE OPERATING CORRECTLY: STARTING FROM THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION DOWN TO THE BLINKER LIGHTS.

And I'm an ass-hole? No Problem. A few of the comments on this thread by observers make asinine assertions like "If I had 4K I'd be on a flight to AZ." But you don't and if you did you might share the same thorough caution I'm attempting to exercise here: I've been in the bus game for a long time. I've owned literally dozens of buses, not for fleet use, or for charter use but for my personal use.

Criticize me all you like. There's a dream a day. But I will exercise my right to know as much as I possibly can before I commit, and I will employ every trick in the book to ascertain as much TRUTH prior to that commitment. You don't like the thread? Don't read it.

You think the Crown is great put your money where your mouth is: 4K isn't a lot but it's still 4K...........Personally I don't need a Crown, no matter how beautiful, that as it sits, as I know it is nothing more than a potential cottage, taking up space, siphoning resource............from a BUYER'S POINT OF VIEW as opposed to a dreamers point of view. I WANT TO KNOW. I don't want to hear I think, or it could, and even if.........I don't want to hear "hey even if you had to replace the engine you'd still be ahead of the game". That's just BS. Who's game? Surely not my game. I don't want to hear about "you can get parts for these things anywhere". BS I'm not looking for a bus that needs parts. I'm looking for the miracle bus as described in the original post of this thread, that magic bus like new that does this and does that.

And all my intent in the entirety of this exercise is determine WHAT THIS BUS REALLY IS. And to that end I am wholly satisfied and will proceed armed with that as I go forward. If I go forward.

So all you guys out there with your opinions and no cash, who pretend to sit above the fray and have nothing invested nor have any intention of investing; You can shoot off your mouth all you like, and pretend you have an understanding of what this exercise is all about. The bravery of those behind the anonymity of a keyboard never ceases to amaze me: Every bus deal has it's own nuance. Is this one weird? Damn Straight it is. Beating the bushes, stirring the pot, hammering home points with the intention of rendering some Truth? No Regrets. Like John Lennon said Just give me some truth..........all I want is some truth.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #31
Bus Nut

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can't get past a few lines. Since this is a family forum, I can't say what I really think.
Right Family Forum.......which tempers my comments to you as well. I'm not dragging "the guy through the mud".......But Hell yeah, I'm dragging all of the unproven and wholly delusional assertions through the Mud. Read the first post of this thread: Then read the last.........nothing between......because I agree there's a lot of crap to wade through. The entirety of this exercise has been first to get the guy to respond.......But my attack, if any, has been direct toward representations he's made. That's fair game. That he is attached to them? Not my problem. If I come on this thread. Offer something for sale I want each of you to exercise critical thinking. Mike and I are the only ones with a dog in the hunt here: I've seen no-one express a desire for this Crown and the resources to facilitate that expression. You included. Sit back. Enjoy the ride. If it offends you just get off the Bus. That's how it works.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #32
Bus Nut

I think somebody needs a hug.

Brutus
Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #33
Bus Geek

Quote:
I think somebody needs a hug.
X2
Hell been working on the bus all day, come in for a glass of wine.....bam...

Any who...going back to sit on my new,used porcelain shiater......
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #34
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster
What is happening in this thread? These long posts seem to contain something not right.

If someone wants to buy this bus, give them the address, and other contact info, and let them do the deal.

Third party **** always go's bad. Life changes, money is gone, ect.

This is just a bus, not a chunk of gold.

Nat
That is about the most sensible comment yet. Kudo's to You. I am merely exercising prudence. If the first post my the "middleman" is to be taken at face value there's nothing to even think about this is a wonderful Crown surely worth the ask...............but vetting his assertions has led us to an immutable truth. He's predicating his SALE not on the Bus in question but the bus he owns: As the Bus in question he has never even started, much less driven. That alone raises far far more questions than answers and brings into further scrutiny the potential for far too many unwanted surprises: From the miracle dream machine Tandem Crown we are rendered to little more than a rolling chassis with untold, unseen, potential for very costly, time consuming, problems that may rear their head in the event that it is brought to running condition: Only then can all the other systems be brought into understanding..........Moki
Old 01-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #35
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36
Moki-and what have YOU brought to the party? Don't want the bus? DONT BUY IT! Know of a better one? BUY THAT ONE! Dont like the way this guy writes his posts? GO READ ANOTHER ONE!
Geez....
To answer your first question: I have brought the will and the ability to purchase the Crown. Apparently something no one heretofore has done: But I have come to purchase a Crown that is a facsimile of the "twin"....The Crown in question is not a "twin". Why? Because for all we know it doesn't run: And if it doesn't run then we don't know how it handles or if it's safe. If it doesn't run we don't know if it brakes, steers, or handles correctly. If the transmission shifts as it should.

Aside from the stupidity of your post, and your predilection to be shouting, there is nothing, nothing, redemptive or constructive.............WTF have you brought to the party? Other than a demonstration of ignorance. Approach determines response! You want to embrace confrontation? We can do that. And to paraphrase you. You don't like these posts? GO READ SOME OTHER ONES. THERE ARE THOUSANDS TO CHOSE FROM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #36
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
All I see here is a guy who want to buy this bus but wants it at less than the 4K asking price and thinks that bashing someone over the head about misrepresentation is going to get the price lowered.

Does anyone else think it's a bit weird that the guy doing the bashing hasn't posted anything here since 2009, and suddenly is the most active member?

If I had the cash, I would be racing JakeC to AZ!
Yeah.............You'd be racing there in your 3800 International/Carpenter: LMAO.... Again a family forum that spares me telling you what I really think.....it may say you own a bus on title, but you own a delivery van with a schoolie body.........And you attempting to somehow impugn me because I last posted in 2009 and your a "new member" since June 2013 is the pathetic reach little more than moronic in scope: Look in the mirror. You are the poster child for why I stay away from these threads............Don't you need to tune up the pump on your 7.3 or something? LMAO

Another guy "who if he had the cash"........getting the price lowered couldn't be further from the object. Having a wonderful running Crown that is the "twin" of the "sellers" Crown is the sole objective: However that has involved wading through all the Hyperbole to discover that as this Crown is known at this moment it is little more than a rolling chassis that affords more questions than answers. A far cry from the Miracle Machine presented in the OP's opening Salvo.

I don't need a Crown that is not proven to be running nor proven to have all of it's operating systems in order for any amount of money:

Your contention that "All I see here is a guy who want to buy this bus but wants it at less than the 4K asking price and thinks that bashing someone over the head about misrepresentation is going to get the price lowered."

Is little more than an indictment expressed from your own mouth regarding your ability to see. It may be all you are capable of grasping, however, that doesn't mean that what you see has any semblance to the truth or the Reality of this process: And as to my last post on this forum.......maybe it is dullards like you that make being here unpleasant. I returned to buy the Miracle Crown. That's it.
Instead as it stands at this moment in time, I have engaged in little more than protracted discussion that has revealed the Miracle to be little more than a nicely constructed Yellow cottage. Best suited as a dwelling place As opposed to a Turbo Charged rubber to the road asphalt bound Locomotive.............you have a nice day now.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #37
Bus Nut

I never claimed to be anything other than a user on the forum... I have a bus that is serving it's intended purpose... call it what you like.

If you are going to buy the bus then buy it, if you are not, then do not. There is no reason for you to blast and belittle anyone on the boards. If you are bothered or annoyed by me and other "dullards" like me then please hit ignore and move on with your life.. buy/don't buy/stay/move along..... I really don't give a flying F what you do. If you are going to do it publicly you really should be able and willing to take the crap you create. To be totally honest I would rather see it crushed at this point than to find out you bought it.

I will be hitting ignore at this point so you really should not expect further engagement from me.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #38
Bus Geek

I'm reporting this thread as needing to be deleted.

It may have started with good intentions, but now is nothing more than a mess that no one understands.

This may even be a scam the way it's sounding now.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
Old 01-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #39
Bus Nut

I highly recommend Xanax. Seriously, it works wonders.

BRB: I would also recommend a change in profession or something, as you seem to have an excessive amount of built up frustration.

Brutus
Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #40
Bus Geek

Quote:
I highly recommend Xanax. Seriously, it works wonders.

BRB: I would also recommend a change in profession or something, as you seem to have an excessive amount of built up frustration.

I could not agree more.

Nat

Closed Thread