Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Re: 1989 Crown for sale 40ft Cummins 300hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC
I highly recommend Xanax. Seriously, it works wonders.

BRB: I would also recommend a change in profession or something, as you seem to have an excessive amount of built up frustration.
Don't subscribe to medicating the marvelous: And though it may sound it, I'm not emotionally invested in the Bus, nor in the various rather myopic views being expressed. And those who offer up their whine at being attacked would be better instructed to revisit their posts.............once done there would be no wonder why I answered as I have. Those, not involved other than as spectators, who come up with admonishments and pedantic criticisms and pronouncements as to what I should do or should not do provide me with wonderful entertainment: It's always been about the Crown for me. But I'm not about committing to purchase anything so poorly represented..............my efforts here and elsewhere have been to have a clear vision of WHAT THE BUS IS: That I can make an informed decision prior to purchase. As opposed to crying into the Wind when it is discovered that the Coach is little more than a money pit.

The rest, the ancillary comments, "If I had this" or "you should do that" or "Why don't you" etc ..........etc........only provide me with diversion from the quest and provide opportunity to exercise my wit and further affirm that there are many among us who believe they are awake: I stand by all I said here. My posts are factual and lucid.............as opposed to those of the OP.

Is it all a SCAM? I don't believe so. But I do believe the representations made by the OP at the inception of this exercise are extremely misleading: And though some of you may not approve of my methods, those who care, those who are aware, know that what has been offered for sale Here is a far cry from the Dream State Wunderkind vehicle presented at the Start.

That's what I'm about: I have the right to uncover the REALITY of the status, condition of a Crown offered for sale. I am the only one who came to this page prepared to buy it, prepared to save it from being scrapped.....

I did impugn the tactics and the rhetoric of the OP not to demean him or ridicule him, but rather to get a "reveal" to THIS CROWN as opposed to the embellished glory of the Crown he purchased.........which he sought to paint this non-running, untested and dis-proven Crown. That's it. What happens to this thread is no concern of mine.............I type 120 words a minute........and this is significantly less than a blip on my radar in the Big Scheme of things........Posted is a photo of the finest Coach ever made: It is my 1990 two axle powered by the BIG CAM Turbo Charged Cummins....RideWell Air ride............Mid engined........CROWN.......... the finest Coach ever laid down on a ribbon of asphalt anywhere on this planet. Be sure to visit CROWNING AROUND. Moki
Attached Thumbnails
tripcrown7.jpg  

Old 01-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72

That is a nice bus and you type very fast.

Brutus
Old 01-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #43
Bus Nut

Quote:
That is a nice bus and you type very fast.
Thanks JakeC...........I bought this out of the Wenatchee School District, with 157K Actual miles. It sat for almost 9 months after I purchased it on EBAY.......and I had a great deal of apprehension as to what I would find when I finally got to it.

That "worry" vanished......I hit the isolator, stepped into the cockpit and it roared to life on a half turn Aired up without hesitation and would subsequently hold that air for days: And it's been all up-hill since then. I got lucky. This coach could not have been nicer had it come off the Chino assembly line yesterday.

I am an exacting kind of guy who works hard for his Money and has a passion for Motor Coaches. That's it. All I ask in these Matters is to go in eyes open and everything disclosed. That is the ideal.

With regard the matter at Hand, the 89 Tandem: Here is a summary of my approach as contained in my last correspondence with Mike. Who I presume to represent his interests as well as the interests of the Seller. Below is the text of my last effort with Mike. I'll also put in a photo of my Station Wagon 98 Blue Bird with the 12V turbo 5.9 dialed up to 225HP...This is my go to Bus...........Shelters me and carries me, my dog, and the necessary tools to accomplish my Bus Missions..............again thanks for your comment

To be perfectly honest this entire affair means way more to you that it does me: If the bus were in fact a clone of yours, proven on the highways and byways, tested, running, driven with all systems go other than batteries and the professed "charging" problems WE would have had a deal. The deal would always involve me dealing with the one who holds Clear Title.

But it isn't that is it? It is an unknown. That carries considerable risk. Quite the opposite of how you presented it.

Me? I'm just a guy with a little liquidity who would buy this Crown, if as represented originally and it fell in his Lap. But it is NOT.

I am not emotionally invested in these matters. As I sit. This is a rolling Chassis. You have only your projection of the Crown you own to animate the available Crown.

I hope you rescue the Crown. As for me. Absent contact information for the REAL owner of the Crown: Thus the ability to offer payment, and a REAL plan to salvage it, move it, and hopefully resurrect it to function:

Absent that I am out: And I wish you luck. I already have a couple of Crowns I need to tend to this week. If you choose to provide contact information and I can strike a deal I will give you a finders fee of $500.00 If I fail in that regard to strike a deal. Of course nothing.

I simply do not have the time or the inclination to fart around with this, and the upside does not warrant any further involvement in this.

That's my last word on the subject. All the various schemes and dreams and options are over. You will hear nothing further from me with regard this. No animosity on my part toward you. I wish you the Best and irrespective the course of thing...........ultimately the Crown is afforded at least the opportunity to live again........

..................................BRANT
Attached Thumbnails
28bluebird.JPG  
Old 01-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
I never claimed to be anything other than a user on the forum... I have a bus that is serving it's intended purpose... call it what you like.

If you are going to buy the bus then buy it, if you are not, then do not. There is no reason for you to blast and belittle anyone on the boards. If you are bothered or annoyed by me and other "dullards" like me then please hit ignore and move on with your life.. buy/don't buy/stay/move along..... I really don't give a flying F what you do. If you are going to do it publicly you really should be able and willing to take the crap you create. To be totally honest I would rather see it crushed at this point than to find out you bought it.

I will be hitting ignore at this point so you really should not expect further engagement from me.
And you indict yourself with your own Post............and it would appear you are well beyond the threshold of efficacy of Xanax......... Perhaps intensive observation in one of your States finest Mental Institutions........May your recovery be expedited and Complete..........and it's fortunate the pollutants escaping in the breath of your every utterance are beyond the purview of CARB. otherwise you may find yourself facing the wrecking Ball..........MOKI

Incidentally you might be better served just looking at the pictures............I do have some really nice Bus tracings that I could post, coloring in Crayon I understand can also have miraculous therapeutic results.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #45
Bus Nut

I think you are mixing us up at this point. I'm the one who suggested Xanax. You can look at my bus and berate it, too. It would only seem fair.

Brutus
Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #46
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14

Quote:
I think you are mixing us up at this point. I'm the one who suggested Xanax. You can look at my bus and berate it, too. It would only seem fair.
I'm not a fan of the stack. But I don't have the energy to type up a manifesto.

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
Old 01-13-2014, 01:46 AM   #47
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36
Quote:
You don't strike me as being a guy that owns or has ever owned a Crown.
I don't particularly have any interest in your bus Unless it's a Crown and It's for Sale. I would also hope that you would give me the facts and essentials regarding the Bus for sale and not drop a million words on me about how Once upon a time you drove a fantastic bus, and it looked just like the Bus you had for Sale. And that because the Once Upon a time Bus was identical to the Bus you have for Sale I should send you 5K. Even though you had never driven the bus you had for sale or for that matter even heard it run. And even though you don't hold the pink or the title for the Bus you have for sale................

I guess I'm just the kind of guy that doesn't suffer fools too well. But through trial and error I've got a pretty good handle on this bus thing............Enjoy your Bus whatever it is. It has been special being here....................now you guys can commiserate with one another and talk amongst yourselves and share your special moments blowing smoke..........
Old 01-13-2014, 03:01 AM   #48

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36
Quote:
You don't strike me as being a guy that owns or has ever owned a Crown.
I don't particularly have any interest in your bus Unless it's a Crown and It's for Sale. I would also hope that you would give me the facts and essentials regarding the Bus for sale and not drop a million words on me about how Once upon a time you drove a fantastic bus, and it looked just like the Bus you had for Sale. And that because the Once Upon a time Bus was identical to the Bus you have for Sale I should send you 5K. Even though you had never driven the bus you had for sale or for that matter even heard it run. And even though you don't hold the pink or the title for the Bus you have for sale................

I guess I'm just the kind of guy that doesn't suffer fools too well. But through trial and error I've got a pretty good handle on this bus thing............Enjoy your Bus whatever it is. It has been special being here....................now you guys can commiserate with one another and talk amongst yourselves and share your special moments blowing smoke..........

Dude, you're a friggin dick and need to switch to decaf. Nobody gives a flying f about you, your buses or what you think. I would venture a guess that your days here are numbered. Don't buy the bus. No one cares.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #49
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
Dude, you're a friggin dick and need to switch to decaf. Nobody gives a flying f about you, your buses or what you think. I would venture a guess that your days here are numbered. Don't buy the bus. No one cares.
I am really confused about the controversy here. One particular poster seems much too intent on something other than rectifying a perceived deception. I am in agreement with whoever brought up the point about an inactive member who hasn't posted in two years suddenly coming on to "the scene" and tearing up our full-time / regular posters left and right.

I have half a mind to keep this thread active instead of moving it to the trash where it apparently belongs simply so that I can try and figure out what this particular poster's motivations are, as they seem contrary to everything he puts forth in previous threads. Call it a psychological experiment of sorts. Bottom line: I see a lot of aggressive and defensive language without really understanding where the controversy comes in. This is a private forum, so the members do have the ability to moderate their threads as they see fit through the use of admin and other moderators. Let's just say I have had more than one complaint. On the other hand, if you believe that this particular seller (or middleman) might not be portraying the sale accurately, state it and then be done with it. It really is exactly as CrazyCal says: no one really cares...

PBR: JakeC is a pharmacist in his spare time. He YouTube'd it.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #50
Bus Nut

How did you know?!?!

Brutus
Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #51
Bus Geek

Quote:
How did you know?!?!
well...dugh.. ..if you spell SARA back words and change the letters it spells out.....................NSA
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #52
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
Quote:
How did you know?!?!
well...dugh.. ..if you spell SARA back words and change the letters it spells out.....................NSA
HAHA. It's Monday. This is exactly what I needed. The thread alone made me laugh... but you, Bansil, sir... you topped it all!

The "N" is silent, of course.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #53
Bus Nut

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Attached Thumbnails
579857_513408488675477_1655847210_n.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #54
Bus Geek

"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #55
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance."
-- Benjamin Franklin
You're on a roll today!!

Brutus
Old 01-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #56
Bus Nut

I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road... all tongues and all prayers belong to me. But I belong to none of them.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #57
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny76
No Kenny that is a 63..............I realize this thread is far more than intended.......It really wasn't about tearing down Mike......This thread became the vehicle, in Real Time to find out whether I wanted to buy this Crown: All the reveals about this Crown I was finding out for the FIRST TIME HERE.

The Crown was Never Road Tested or Driven:
Mike tried and Tried to Get it Started.
Only basis for believing it Ran is it was driven THERE
Mike is not the Owner has only seen the Pink
Said he would put anyone in contact with the owner.
(Asked Several times but he never did)
Offered that with a 1000 dollar refundable he would go get and store the Crown.
I followed up on that: Story changed. The cost of the Bus would then be between 5 and 6 thousand dollars.
Offered Finders fee to Mike. 500 Bucks. Put me in touch with the owner....
Mike agreed to that: But never followed through with contact info.
Offered to Buy the Bus Mike based his sales pitch on: Offered him 5K? Why?
If he was so confident the "twin" was so Wonderful. Here's some cash. NO.

I knew absolutely none of these things prior to the "Grand Inquisition" I found the bus on this thread, and I continued my inquiry here: Any objective sane person who has actually read the offering of this Crown Knows there is no real-time objective evidence for the claims made by the seller.

All I know of this bus I ferreted through here. On the back channel I tried everything I could to make this a win win. Each time everything got more complicated answers got more garbled and direct questions went unanswered.

Where am I on this Bus. I have been contacted by a friend in Mohave who has seen this Crown and knows of the Owner. He's going to check to see if the Crown is still there. If it is we will go from there: If possible, get the Crown up and running and a test drive. If we can do this, and there are no significant issues, I will buy this Crown directly from the Rightful Owner.

You must understand. I found the bus here, and unraveled some mysteries of the bus here in real time. Many of you seemed to find it offensive.

What can I tell you: Crowns are one of my Many Passions. I am not a Bus Broker as Mike claimed possessed by the thrill of the transaction: I was referred here by a Friend who knows my passion for Crowns: What transpired was the vetting of this "Seller" and the vetting of the worthiness of the Crown in question:

Personal attacks by members of this Board were merely responded too. I launched no personal attacks. I however did respond to them in the like spirit that they were presented.

As well if any member of this board contacted Mike, as he claims, and was given the Real Owners contact info I'd appreciate it if you would contact me via email to confirm this. Hearing nothing I will assume this to be another of Mike's rather illusory assertions..............Moki

I came here to buy a Crown. When and if that is accomplished I will cap this thread with those events. It's all about the Crown. That's what it's been about from my point of view
Attached Thumbnails
86crown1.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #58
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant
I can type really fast. REALLY fast. Seriously guys, I fear you underestimate the speediness. As a matter of fact, I can type so fast that sometimes I have conversations pretty much with myself. I like to hear what I have to say. Over and over and over...and over......and OVER... I have lots of good things to say. Sometimes, I just keep rambling in an effort to justify my borderline schizophrenic behavior. Then, to change things up a bit, I switch to bold and make all the same points about how awesome I am all over again. I usually add a few points at this time as well. I make a lot of good points. You should hear ALLLL of them. Btw, I type really fast....

ITALICS!!!

Something about the grand inquisition.

Something kinky about back channels and ferrets.

I have a friend who lives in the desert.

This involves many mysteries, but no time travel.

Some stuff about passion.

I have somehow convinced myself that I did not attack anyone.

If anybody else is trying to work out a deal, please forward me the contact info so I can swoop in and snag the bus.

More stuff, I'm getting sick of typing...I'm awesome...
FTFY

(NSA: Fixed that for you.)

Brutus
Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #59
Bus Nut

Oh yes: Another in a litany of moronic and effusive demonstrations of idiocy brought to you by JAKEC.......PROVING, if anything at all, that there's a consistency to your psychopathy....

Wholly in keeping with your adherence to some inner principle of providing nothing edifying......crying out "everybody please like me I'm so clever". I might remind you that your head up the orifice most defecate from is no substitute for deep thought.........
Old 01-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #60
Bus Nut

Coincidentally, most people do like me, and I am OBVIOUSLY pretty clever.

Brutus
Closed Thread