Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2019, 06:39 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach Series II
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6v92TA , Allison MT-643
1990 Crown Supercoach Series II

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/rvs/d...004456512.html

My wife and i really hate to do this but we ran into personal issues and decided to sell our beloved 1990 Series II. Most of the info you would need is on the craigslist site and if you are serious and want more pics and videos i will send you a collection. You might think the price is a bit high but good luck finding another Series II on the east coast ready to build on. I am trying to recoup some of the money i put into getting it back to Virginia and putting on two new front tires. There really is no better bus to do this on in my opinion.

This thing runs strong and got me across the country without issue last october. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Detroit 6v92
Allison MT-643
Engine was rebuilt a few years back.

herbali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:35 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbali View Post

My wife and i really hate to do this but we ran into personal issues and decided to sell our beloved 1990 Series II. Most of the info you would need is on the craigslist site and if you are serious and want more pics and videos i will send you a collection. You might think the price is a bit high but good luck finding another Series II on the east coast ready to build on. I am trying to recoup some of the money i put into getting it back to Virginia and putting on two new front tires. There really is no better bus to do this on in my opinion.

This thing runs strong and got me across the country without issue last october. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Detroit 6v92
Allison MT-643
edit- got this confused with a different one.
they sure are sweet buses, glws.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

No i believe that person was out in California, i am in Virginia and its the real deal. I bought mine for $8500 too, but by the time you get it out to the East Coast, that cost goes up extensively. Hoping to get this to someone that wants one of these but doesn't want to take on the insane costs and hassle of driving it across the country.

In my opinion there is no better bus to build a skoolie on and i wish i had the time to do it, if it doesn't sell its going to turn into a decade long project, which is cool but i would be happier if this bus doesn't sit for years and someone buys it and converts their hearts away!
Old 11-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Still available. thanks.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
im interested.. MAYBE..

so which picture is correct? lack of seats i can deal with.. but I need to have the original factory interior panels and heaters in the bus.. I see pics with and without...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:13 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Hey cadillackid,

I removed all of the aluminum ceiling panels, speaker panels on the side, heaters but all of the removed parts are laying in the bus. Honestly i was able to get most of the ceiling panels off without too much damage not sure how difficult it would be to put them back up though. Everything else would be relatively easy to put back in place. I also removed the rubber flooring and the marine grade plywood is showing, its been painted and sealed. The back rear fiberglass panel was taken down but again it is sitting in the bus.

I am super busy about to have kid 2 and buy a new home, but i will get out there this weekend and take pictures of exactly how it sits now.

It really is an awesome bus and i secretly don't want to sell it. If it does then its not in my destiny right now i suppose. I had such a blast driving it from LA to SW Virginia last year. It in and of itself was worth buying it in my opinion, its a story i will be telling my grandkids down the line.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

These were from the guy i bought it from last year.

I haven't touched the interior very front of the bus at all really except to fix some switches, fast idle, etc. So the front fiberglass is still up along with all of the dash and such.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:01 PM   #8
Bus Geek

crap.. those interior panels once removed are done for... id like to have a SC II but im not interested in converting it, but having it original.. or as close as i can.. I have a line on seats for them but the interior needs to be factory intact.. simply the holes will never line up correctly to put the panels back in place...

nevertheless its a nice looking bus for someone doing a conversion as opposed to one like myself who is more a bus enthusiast and keeps them busses..

-Christopher
Old 11-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Quote:
These were from the guy i bought it from last year.

I haven't touched the interior very front of the bus at all really except to fix some switches, fast idle, etc. So the front fiberglass is still up along with all of the dash and such.
Ah Yes. Good 'ole Al J****ngs I know this Crown and have my own pics of it sitting in the mechanics yard being checked out before he sold it. He's very good about seeing the buses he sells are in good shape and ready to go. If you can live with the interior all prepped and ready for a conversion this one would be a very good candidate I'm sure. I recognize his storage spot as well where he shot those videos.. been there many times myself.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Def a sweet lookin bus.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Brady,

I'm sorry that you have to sell it. Don't feel bad about it otherwise being a decade-long project - I bought my Super II almost eleven years ago, and I'm only now making the bed! (Mind you, even that seemingly-simple task has been a major engineering challenge with lots of precision metalwork involved, but that's how most of my projects end up anyway.) Whoever buys it will have a superb-driving and very comfortable bus ideally suited to long distances, and with 300 square feet of space inside and lots of underfloor storage there's no reason it can't be made into something as good as any high-end RV motorhome. I'm not sure what the situation is with the other East Coast Super II, but mine may perhaps be the only one in the country on its way to a full conversion. And regardless whether you convert one or not, they're still much rarer than Bugattis or Koenigseggs or other automotive exotica - heck, there are al least two Veyrons near here, but only one Super II in all of Orange County CA!

Yup, I also recognize the yard where Al took his videos! That's where we drove his latest Crown with no muffler, just to hear the sound reverberating off the walls. Fun!

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks John! You have been more than helpful on more than one occasion!

I need to keep that in mind about it taking time. Sometimes it does get me down but if it doesn't sell i will just keep trucking forward on small projects.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
Brady,

I'm sorry that you have to sell it. Don't feel bad about it otherwise being a decade-long project - I bought my Super II almost eleven years ago, and I'm only now making the bed! (Mind you, even that seemingly-simple task has been a major engineering challenge with lots of precision metalwork involved, but that's how most of my projects end up anyway.) Whoever buys it will have a superb-driving and very comfortable bus ideally suited to long distances, and with 300 square feet of space inside and lots of underfloor storage there's no reason it can't be made into something as good as any high-end RV motorhome. I'm not sure what the situation is with the other East Coast Super II, but mine may perhaps be the only one in the country on its way to a full conversion. And regardless whether you convert one or not, they're still much rarer than Bugattis or Koenigseggs or other automotive exotica - heck, there are al least two Veyrons near here, but only one Super II in all of Orange County CA!

Yup, I also recognize the yard where Al took his videos! That's where we drove his latest Crown with no muffler, just to hear the sound reverberating off the walls. Fun!

John

whats interesting is that even an unrestored original crown.. or heck even my Superior seems to bring the crowds at car shows even amongst all the finely crafted hotrods.. Busses seem to bring fascination in people.. Crowns have an iconic look that really isnt dup;icated anywhere else..
Old 11-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #14
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
Thanks John! You have been more than helpful on more than one occasion!

I need to keep that in mind about it taking time. Sometimes it does get me down but if it doesn't sell i will just keep trucking forward on small projects.
Just find a way to keep it, even if you don't do anything to it for a while. You'll never buy another Super II again: they're going to the crushers with alarming frequency because the smog Nazis here don't like 2-strokes, and not for any other reason. All Crowns are fast appreciating in value due to their increasing rarity and due to the simple fact that nobody has ever made a better school bus, ever, anywhere, and never again will. They are literally irreplaceable, and if you get rid of yours you will regret it. PLEASE don't do it!

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:59 PM   #15

Did you sell it? Or decide to keep it? I may be interested.
sophrosune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

I still have it and as of at least right now I am still selling it. That could change at at anytime though. Lol. Just PM me for further info and I can give you my cell number.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:01 AM   #17

Hi Brady,

Are you still selling this?
Also, did I read correctly that you bought it from Al J in California? I *JUST* spoke with him a couple days ago on the phone about a bus! Small world!

-Alissa
Lissaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:22 AM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

Hello! Yes I purchased this from Al and it is still available. You should be able to find it on EBay. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #19

Awesome, I thought the eBay listing might be yours!
I’d love to chat with you about it, and do have a few questions; what’s the most convenient way you’d like me to get in touch? (PM on here, through eBay, text etc?)

Best,
Alissa
Lissaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:51 AM   #20
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:

Detroit 6v92
Allison MT-643
Wana trade for a shorty?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote