Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
1991 Bluebird 28 ft 6bt/545 For Sale

Hi, my apoligies to all that wrote and were interested but due to circumstance I was not able to reply. Lady Liberty is again for sale. $ 10,000 If you search on the site here you will find lots of information and pictures. There is no build log per se, but plenty of my comments on the work performed. The bus starts and drives but beyond the Battery and alternator and starter there is no wiring. Was installing tailites and rear running lites when work was halted last summer. A days worth of temp wiring would give you all needed for driving it. It is at my shop where you can work on it enough to drive away. New brakes and new shoes all the way around plus new front drums and a rebuilt, not overhauled air compressor and 4 new shocks. It currently is registered in CA. as a motorhome.. It is insured with AAA. The tires are 3 years old and have 150 miles on them and have been inside for 3 years. Have all of the removed wiring tagged and labeled and all of the instruments for the new dash plus all of the materials to complete and or temp the wiring. Please research here and look at the pictures.The bus has 2 trans aire ac units with one removed and all parts saved and the installed unit works but has no belt on the compressor. It is 90% painted, with diligent surface preperation, and painted with Rustoleum primer and Rustoleum gloss white. It also has factory tinted windows. Thank you Joe aka "Rivetboy"
Attached Thumbnails
20190815_151837[2].jpg   Message_1566498416113[1].jpg  
Attached Images

Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I often wonder why people have in their listing that it is currently insured. Surely that means nothing to the potential buyer other than the owner insured it. I also see them selling with current registration for the year. I will never sell a vehicle that has MY tag or insurance on it. Once they pull out in their new bus, you are still wholly liable for anything they cause.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I often wonder why people have in their listing that it is currently insured. Surely that means nothing to the potential buyer other than the owner insured it. I also see them selling with current registration for the year. I will never sell a vehicle that has MY tag or insurance on it. Once they pull out in their new bus, you are still wholly liable for anything they cause.
It is irrelevant to the sale but it does show a little responsibility on the part of the sale.

I don't know how it plays in the rest of the country but out here in the Western states the seller is liable for the vehicle until the buyer transfers the title OR the seller files a "sellers report of sale".

Here in WA, if I sell a vehicle, I get on DOL's website immediately and file the SRS. What chaps my hide is that they have started charging $7.50 to file online.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Bus Nut

To show that it is insurable without any problems. Current registration and tags is important so the prospective buyer can drive it away legally without worrying about registration issues . Also, when you sell a vehicle in CA., you go online to the DMV and report it sold and to super cover your butt mail in the report (with pictures or photocopies of it for your records) of sale also registered mail. The second you hit enter online, you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Bingo! See my comment
Old 12-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivetboy View Post
To show that it is insurable without any problems. Current registration and tags is important so the prospective buyer can drive it away legally without worrying about registration issues . Also, when you sell a vehicle in CA., you go online to the DMV and report it sold and to super cover your butt mail in the report (with pictures or photocopies of it for your records) of sale also registered mail. The second you hit enter online, you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.
It isn't only the vehicle that is considered when insuring. Every vehicle is capable of being registered, with few exceptions. As we all know everything varies between states.
When I drive off in your bus with no drivers license and I pull around the corner and kill someone, you will be liable, unless you're super fast on the computer. Again, my point being that you should never leave your tags and insurance in effect when selling a vehicle.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:09 PM   #7
Bus Nut

As was stated, the second I hit enter I am no longer responsible for the vehicle you you do not leave til that happens.and cash is in my hand. If you drive around the corner and kill someone and have no license it is neither my responsibility or my buisness.You lived in CA. the tag stays on the plate. My insurance on the vehicle becomes null and void the second enter is hit because it is no longer my vehicle.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
As was stated, the second I hit enter I am no longer responsible for the vehicle you you do not leave til that happens.and cash is in my hand. If you drive around the corner and kill someone and have no license it is neither my responsibility or my buisness.You lived in CA. the tag stays on the plate. My insurance on the vehicle becomes null and void the second enter is hit because it is no longer my vehicle.
Plate and tag stay on the vehicle only if you choose to. I would never release a vehicle I own with plates on it. Just sayin, CYA. Do my vanity tags stay on it when I sell?
Old 12-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
That is actually the bus I wanted when I first started looking into buying a bus. Saw one in SoCal for $10K. Kept looking...found mine instead.

Yours rides higher, and has the side door on the driver's side. Nice! But not at $10K for a near 30-year old shell and drivetrain.

Why the double post?
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Plate and tag stay on the vehicle only if you choose to. I would never release a vehicle I own with plates on it. Just sayin, CYA. Do my vanity tags stay on it when I sell?
I thought it very strange when I bought a car in Texas the first time. I was getting ready to leave and the seller was taking "my" license plates off. WTF? Turns out that plates do not follow the vehicle like they do out here. I have bought and sold vehicles in WA, OR, CA, AZ, NV and TX.

Texas is the only state in the bunch that you keep your plates when you sell a vehicle with normal plates.

Vanity plates play different. I have never bought or sold a vehicle with vanity plates and cannot speak to how the process works.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:29 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Plates here in Virginia do not follow the vehicle either. I can keep them and transfer to another vehicle or turn them in.

Nice bus hope you find someone who will finish it.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:29 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:

In Nevada you are supposed to remove the plates and turn them in.
kidharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:35 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
In NY they go to your next vehicle or they have to be turned in.
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote