Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

1992 International 40ft - Already Converted

Hello,
This is an initial posting to sell our skoolie. We just decided 5 minutes ago, so I will have photos and more information at a later time. FULL BLOWN LISTING TO COME.

We bought our 40ft 1992 International, already converted, in July. We put an additional $5k of maintenance into the mechanics and began remodeling the interior to our liking.

Unfortunately the engine now needs a complete rebuild and we cannot afford that. This would be an excellent buy for someone who has the skill to do the job. If you have the skill it should only be a couple grand to fix.

It is currently located in Albany, Oregon.

Features:
Full kitchen and counter space/desk/eating area

Living Area with daybed style couch - perfect for loungers

Bunk beds - 2 narrow but very tall bunks - good for storage or guests

Closet and linen cabinet with drawers

RV toilet and large custom black water tank - we took good care of the black water system. The black water tank is so large that two people could use it for two weeks before having it drained. Comes with Happy Camper deodorizer and digestant that we JUST bought. Also comes with hoses and drainage tubes. PLUS a spare portable black water tank for emergencies.

Shower and brand new large grey water tank - my 5' 2" husband could take showers just fine.

RV queen size bedroom - no mattress as we had to take our new one with us, but the bed platform lifts up to additional storage underneath, assisted by hydraulic arms. Each side of the bed has a side table with storage and overhead lights for reading. Above the head of the bed is additional storage. We just laid new carpet padding and carpet down last month in the bedroom. VERY SOFT AND WARM. The bedroom is super cozy.

Lots and lots of storage - I don't think I could correctly explain the amount of storage in this place. When we moved out we decided that we had too much stuff. Unlike some tiny homes, ours allowed us to keep too much!

Already painted over the yellow school bus colors - It is a nice gold and off-white two tone. Looks good. We've had many compliments from people on it. "Not what I was expecting" "looks just like an RV" kind of comments. I'm pretty sure it allowed us into parks that wouldn't have accepting it otherwise.

New tires on one side in back, have been told the others are still good but will need to be replaced

Two BRAND NEW 7 gallon LP tanks.

New-used hot water heater, works like a champ!

Please private message me with an initial offer. Don't low ball me please. This is an already converted bus. We were living in it full-time very comfortably until this unfortunate breakdown. I'm happy to provide our repair documents and the estimate to fix, which has the list from our mechanic.

We would do this fix if we could afford the labor or had the ability to do this ourselves. We are really sad that our adventure came to and end so abruptly and too soon.

A full listing with photos will become available soon. Hopefully this weekend.

Thank you.

georgia.arlyne.brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Awaiting full listing...
JHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Here is the craigslist post. Thank you for your interest. Please like and share.

Skoolie, RV, Converted Bus - 1992 International

http://corvallis.craigslist.org/rvs/5405009220.html
Old 01-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

I'll have more specifics a little later. I've been waiting for the mechanic to clarify something on the engine.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

It would appear as if you have a pretty nice bus.

What exactly is wrong with the engine?

If it is a T444(E), it is basically identical to the 6.9/7.3L that is in Ford products. There are a lot of those engines kicking around out there and can be purchased outright for not a lot of $$$.

If it is the DT(A)360 or the DT466 you can purchase another bus with a good engine for a donor for under $4K.

Anderson Brothers in Eugene usually have a pretty good of good running takeouts. Used Trucks for Sale, Truck Equipment for Sale. Trailers, Freightliner, Ford, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth

Good luck.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote