1994 E350 Diesel Short Bus w/ Hypermax Turbo and 60K Original Miles
I have been in the process of converting a 1994 Ford E350 short bus (Collins 4 Window) and unexpectedly got a job offer in Hawaii that I can't turn down. I am listing this on here to see if I get anyone has any interest in taking over the project. I have done an INSANE amount of work on this thing.
Purchased in October 2015 for $3,650 and have put in over $6,000 in parts.
It looks like a turd as I have been focusing on the mechanical side of things and body work first. The inside has been gutted and only has a subfloor installed. It is water-tight and structurally rust free (Inland California most its life).
If you are looking to do a bus conversion but aren't looking to also be a mechanic this may be the bus for you. This engine lasts 250-300K w/ proper maintenance. The work I have done should last about 100K w/o anything major.
The vehicle will be located in Santa Cruz, California for the next few weeks before getting moved to a free long-term storage spot in northern CA if I don't get a reasonable offer.
1994 E350 w/ 7.3 IDI (International Harvester) - 63,000 Original Miles
- Owned by a fire department (50K miles), then a handicapped individual (10K miles), have paperwork to prove mileage
Hypermax (gohypermax.com) turbo added
- Temperature and Boost Gauge Installed
- Upgraded exhaust system
- All new hoses, o-rings, and air filter
- Headers and exhaust pipes heat-coated and wrapped
- New RD2-80 (idiperformance.com) Injection Pump (Getting timed this week)
- New Stanadyne Injectors
- New Fuel Pump
- All new hoses & plumbed for 2 tank system
- Original 40 Gallon Tank scraped and cleaned
- New fuel pickup and sending unit (works with stock dash unit)
- New 18 gallon tank w/ sending unit & gauge waiting to be installed
- New Vacuum Pump, Brake Booster, Master Cylinder
- New Rotors, Drums, Pads, Shoes, Brake Hoses, and Brake Fluid
- Working perfectly
- New Transmission Cooler, Filter, Fluid, and Hoses
- New Throttle Position Sensor and Harness
- New Hoses, Thermostat, and Fluid
- Added Coolant Filter
- 2 sets of new Motorcraft injectors (1 installed)
- New glow plug relay
- New Monroe shocks and steering stabilizer
- New Timken front bearings and races
- New Differential Fluid
- New Toyo All Terrain Tires (Balanced and Aligned)
The Bus Exterior
- A few minor dents have been Bondo'd
- All windows have a fresh coat of sealant (interior and exterior)
- All new taillights, running lights, headlights
- Floodlights installed in the front emergency light holes.
- Dome hatch has minor cracks (I sealed it, but a new one or other solution will be needed at some point).
The Bus Interior
- Front top panel removed for floodlight installation
- All floor holes bondo'd or sealed with sheet metal
- Ply subfloor glued, screwed, and sanded flat
- New Pioneer deck and one set of speakers installed
- I will include a ton of extras from paints, seatbelts, filters, fluids, speakers, wires, fuse boxes, jack stands, etc.
Send me questions or an offer, and we can talk.
Photos to come shortly...