Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

1995 Chevy G30 shortbus - $3950 Oklahoma

So I'm at the point where I finished the half-cross-country trip in this thing (did awesome) and I'm now at the crossroads between moving on to the conversion or selling the bus right now and letting someone else do their thing...so here goes.

I have a thread on here to give you some of the process from the day I bought it to now.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f27/davos-g30-12579.html

The bus starts and runs great. The body is in great condition. It still has the original seats which are all in perfect condition, no tears or holes.

1995 Chevy G30 Bluebird 4 window shortbus - legally titled and insured as a Chevy G30 Van (no CDL or weird insurance required)

215k+ on body, 90k on current engine (was a used one swapped in)
-new vacuum lines throughout, new EGR, new knock sensor, new oil cooler lines, everything works as should, great compression, this bus just did 2000 mile trip averaging 65-70 one way (11.5 mpg) and 80 on the way back (8 mpg) to test capability and fuel use
800w inverter
24" LCD tv (almost new)
new pioneer stereo with 4 new pioneer speakers and sub amp and subwoofer
Painted with two part tractor enamel (antique ford gray color)
Roof rack (modified truck ladder rack completed welded connections)
6 NEW toyo open country highway tread tires (minus the 3k miles I've put on in the past few months)

Still has the under seat heater which works, no A/C though was ever built into this bus.

This bus had factory undercoating and was a Kansas bus until I brought it to OK, so rust-through is not an issue and the bus will last. The factory undercoating is starting to come off and surface rust is present underneath, but not an issue like anything up north or in salt climates.

When the 350 motor ever goes out, you can easily find another, they are cheap!

I'll throw in a 60w sunforce solar charging kit ($300 value) I planned to mount up top eventually. I also have a butcher block style kitchen table top I was going to use as a dinette table. Also a twin size memory foam sleeping pad.

I have a usable spare tire, no spare rim though.

I have it listed locally:

1995 Chevy shortbus "Skoolie"

I'm really just looking to get most of my money back that I invested and I believe the price is more than fair, with no account for the time I put into fixing this up, as I like working on things and I have already found my next project

It does have quirks, being a 20 year old vehicle, so in the interest of full disclosure:
-few hail dings on hood and front bumper slightly tweaked
-wiper motor sometimes sticks since it sat for a while, wd40 it every now and then and it does fine
-clear coat on rear bumper is peeling
-smokes a puff on startup from sitting for a long time and valve guide seals got a little dry, has been getting less and less noticeable as I drive it more, this in no way affect performance or is harmful to engine
-still has stock in dash stereo that works, although the 12v constant was re-wired by the PO so the settings don't stay. Doesn't matter as the stereo I installed works as it should and is wired correctly :P

Like I said in my thread, this thing did beautifully on a 2000 mile trip and I would not hesitate to drive it across the country, in fact a California road trip was in the works and still could happen if this takes a while to sell.

Davoarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

The bus has been Sold!
Davoarts is offline   Reply With Quote