Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: E450 #Vanlife
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 25
1999 Thomas R/E, 0 rust, fully gutted, convert/drive, deposits til tax time accepted

We have had this bus for 1.5yrs and unfortunately I lost my warehouse to convert this. We are going to buy a Class A...not my first choice but, necessary. I'm targeting selling this before March, so it's not a fire sale.

I can tell you I've thoroughly gone through this bus. I've driven it from Kentucky to Ga with zero issues. Air system holds well and the bus purrs. I got this bus directly from revenue service/charter service, not a broker who buys auction buses. This bus is minty fresh underneath.

Specs:

-40ft Thomas Saf-T-Liner
-Rear engine Cat 3126 current maintenance (300hp version, approx 800ft/lbs torque...this bus is zippy!)
-Allison 3060 shifts perfect, did 55-60 all the way home at like 1800rpm or so iirc) It's not highway geared but a few HAVE gotten Allison to unlock 6th gear.
-HUGE belly storage that passes through to other side. Perfect for all your tanks, you name it.
-Rear air bag, front springs
-Air brakes work perfectly
-Fitting added to air tank for use of air tools
-126k miles
-Roof height is right at 6'1" or so
-Inside is free of seats and flooring. All exterior signage is removed.
-Tires are good all around, I drove home on them. Fronts have very tiny signs of being dry, probably would look for some steer tires when I really aimed to go out on the road long term, but I'd mark them as a replacement at some point.
-Registered as a bus currently, but I'm attempting to have that switched to motorhome through VT currently.

Versus buying an auction bus, your risk is completely avoided here. I've been inside and outside, up over and under this bus. It's CLEAN...one of the cleanest you'll get. It rides extremely well and is mega quiet because of the rear engine. Bus makes a lot of torque and my gf was very surprised when she first rode in it, at how quick it is for such a big vehicle. I have no doubt, that as a skoolie build, this is an immediate convert and go with a solid drivetrain. Anything can happen but, I drove it over 400 miles from day one. It's been stored INDOORS since we got it and I started and drove it every week since.

Fly into Atlanta and drive out of here. You could even camp on the way home because this thing is clean and clear inside. I could even accommodate a bit of conversion process if you wanted to do a quick paint or some quick woodwork before you leave. I have a smaller shop still, full tooling, just not big enough to fit the bus anymore.

6600.00 Will be adding complete pics and a thorough video shortly. Just wanted to get this posted. As I said, no rush to sell, will even accept deposits (non refundable with contract to buy) to hold until after tax return if that's needed.

RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Sounds very nice.

Good luck with sale

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #3

Definitely interested! I would love to see some photos!
ldm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
Skoolie

I am putting together a full video that will be available shortly. I run the bus weekly, it's ready to go. I have had it in my warehouse since I got it and was waiting to choose how I wanted to go about the title transfer. I am waiting for the title to come back in my name so I can sell it now. Should be a couple weeks at most.

Video will answer all the questions, top to bottom...I'll even drone over the thing. This bus is clean, ready to build from the point you take possession. No seats, runs fantastic and has a lot of power. Well maintained bus for sure.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
Skoolie

Pics added...sucks you can't edit original post

Old 01-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #6
Skoolie

Trades of equal SALE value accepted (i.e. not asking price, asking price minus the typical knock off during negotiation). Sale price must match my ASK because I will have to work to resell your trade to extract cash value.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

What is the rock bottom for the bus
Robbieo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:29 AM   #8
Skoolie

I'm not in a position of a fire sale at this time. Tax returns will be coming in and a wise buyer will likely be willing to pay a fair price for a turnkey, clean and well maintained bus with no hidden mystery. I'm prepared to negotiate for a legit in hand, cash buyer that is pending purchase, but I'm not going to talk about "rock bottom" pricing at random. That's not how I do business, I'm sorry.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #9
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: Cummins ISC 8.3 Allison MD3060
Good evening,

I am interested in buying your bus. I have attempted to PM you but since I am new to these forums I can't.

Please email me at jamieinnh@gmail.com to discuss arrangements and a time to meet to view/see the bus.

Thanks,
James
JamieJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #10
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJackson View Post
Good evening,

I am interested in buying your bus. I have attempted to PM you but since I am new to these forums I can't.

Please email me at jamieinnh@gmail.com to discuss arrangements and a time to meet to view/see the bus.

Thanks,
James
Email sent
Old 01-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
I didn't see a video. Am I missing something?
jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:28 PM   #12
Skoolie

I think he got a solid bite on it before the video got posted.
RRRVBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #13

Hello, i can't send a private message yet as a new member so i am posting here.
i am Very interested in this bus. Looks super clean..
My wife and i are ready to pull the trigger on a bus conversion. We were originally looking to gut and convert a but, this pre-gutted bus could be the way to go.
I would love to see some engine pics if possible and any more history on the bus if you have it (engine work, state its from, etc..). Looks like you got a good start on it and wish you well in your sale of it.
ps: I would be driving to western NY if all works out. Are the tires good enough for that..?
Thanks so much..
Rudy
RudyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #14
Skoolie

No, still for sale. Had a close call, but buyer went another direction on impulse. Also have a trade offer which is decent. I am working on the video here shortly. I've got two online businesses and they've been runnin me rampant...just no time to sit at the computer and do a video because so much starin me in the face...lol.

Still for sale for sure.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #15
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyG View Post
Hello, i can't send a private message yet as a new member so i am posting here.
i am Very interested in this bus. Looks super clean..
My wife and i are ready to pull the trigger on a bus conversion. We were originally looking to gut and convert a but, this pre-gutted bus could be the way to go.
I would love to see some engine pics if possible and any more history on the bus if you have it (engine work, state its from, etc..). Looks like you got a good start on it and wish you well in your sale of it.
ps: I would be driving to western NY if all works out. Are the tires good enough for that..?
Thanks so much..
Rudy
I personally believe this is the best example of a used bus you could wish to find. The underneath is mega clean. It was maintained in a district in Kentucky known for maintaining its equipment. It left service there, then was used by a local contractor for charter services, Louisville football game bus, etc. They used it for a little over a year, then sold it.

Bus has never sat, all maintenance looks good. I've been through the bus pretty well, it's rock solid. Filter is good and very new, no indications at all of anything but pure, up to date maintenance. Motor makes crazy power for a bus, and transmission is solid as it gets.

I drove it from Kentucky to the middle of Ga on its first trip. It did it with ease. I see no reason someone couldn't fly in from anywhere in the country and roll.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #16

Is this bus still available. I’m a new member and I don’t even see pics but I am interested thanks
504Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #17
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
I was looking forward to this build-

This was the guy with the exotic car experience, IIRC. Would have been a neat ride.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #18
Skoolie

I lost my shop space which was under contract until mid 2018. I could've engaged in a big battle over it, but frankly I just decided to take it as an opportunity to reassess and move on. At this time, we are going to do more of a docile weekender van build and move into another house.

So, we'll be selling the bus, reinvesting in that direction, etc.

For potential buyers, see below

Bus is STILL FOR SALE, airport shuttle from Atlanta Airport literally will drop you off across the street from the bus's location (shuttle office in our town is directly across the street). This is an easy deal. You can camp/live in it immediately, I even can set up the bus with sleeping arrangements, a camping toilet that is nice, a pump shower, etc. I could make this crudely livable in a day.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #19

Beautiful bus, GLWS!
Brian_E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #20

Bus for sale

Hello,

New to the site and my profile is acting weird. Tried to direct message but not sure if it went through. Is this bus still available?
therumblers is offline   Reply With Quote