Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

4 Repurposed School Buses for Sale From Our Fleet

We are getting ready to retire 4 buses in our commercial fleet due to the Diesel Particulate Filter (*DPF’s) Compliance laws in California.

The buses all run great and are currently in service and will be retired in December of this year. All the buses have been modified with killer sound systems and seating rearrangements to accommodate an open seating u shaped and bay style seating.

They all have under bay storage and would all make for great conversions.

These buses do not have DPF’s. If your going to keep it in California there may be exemptions for private use or RV conversions but you must do your own research to make sure you will not be required to install a DPF. See CARB disclosure at the bottom of this ad.

All the buses undergo 30 day inspections by our full-time mechanics. All maintenance records will be made available in person upon vehicle inspection by prospective buyer. We are offering the buses for best offer pricing.

I will upload photos of all the buses in the next few days. In the meantime, you can visit our website to see what the buses look like. Call Sierra at 805-256-5436 for more info.
The buses are located in Santa Barbara, California. Viewing is by appointment only.

Buyer agrees to repaint the bus(es) so that they do not remain painted in our standard Black and Silver stripe brand.

Year: 1993
Make: FORD (truck style front)
Model: BLUE BIRD
Mileage: To be provided
VIN: 1FDXJ75C0PVA28459
Running Condition: GOOD
Engine: 5.9 TURBO CUMMINS DIESEL ENGINE
Transmission: MT-640-AUTOMATIC
Body Style: 66 PASSENGER BUS
Tires: FAIR/GOOD
Brakes: GOOD
Condition: FAIR

Year: 2000
Make: Bluebird
Model: School Bus
Mileage: To be updated
VIN: 1BAAKCPAXYF095944
Running Condition: Starts & Drives
Engine: Diesel Cummins 24 Valve
Transmission: Automatic
Tires: See pictures

Year: 2000
Make: Bluebird
Mileage: To be updated
VIN: 1BAAKCPA1YF095945
Engine: Diesel Cummins 24 Valve
Transmission: Automatic

Year: 1991
Make: Blue Bird
Mileage: to be updated
VIN: 1BAAHCSA9MF0438535
Engine: Diesel Cummins 5.9L
Transmission: Automatic Allison MT643

Disclaimer for Sierra Bravo Enterprises, LLC d.b.a. Jump On The School Bus (JOTSB)

Equipment is USED and is offered in "AS-IS" and "WHERE-IS" condition. There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the quality, condition, usability, or fitness for a particular purpose. There are no warranties expressed or implied. Viewing by appointment only during business hours. all Sales are final.

Wire Transfer or CASH no CHECKS, OR MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED! Payment must be received the day of sale.

Unit must be removed the day of sale.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/advs/advs416.pdf
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/onrdiesel.htm

Disclosure Requirements California sellers of vehicles subject to the regulation must notify the buyer that the vehicle may be subject to retrofit or accelerated replacement requirements and to print the disclosure on the bill of sale, sales contract addendum, or invoice. In addition, the seller must keep records of the disclosure notice for three years for each buyer. Sellers should provide the disclosure prior to the sale so that the buyer can be aware of the regulation when making a purchase decision.

The requirements are specified in title 13, California Code of Regulations, section 2025 which directs the seller to make the following text available to the buyer:

“An on-road heavy-duty diesel or alternative-diesel vehicle operated in California may be subject to the California Air Resources Board Regulation to Reduce Particulate Matter and Criteria Pollutant Emissions from In-Use Heavy-Duty Diesel Vehicles. It, therefore, could be subject to exhaust retrofit or accelerated turnover requirements to reduce emissions of air pollutants.” For more information, please visit the California Air Resources Board website at http://www.arb.ca.gov/dieseltruck.”

The disclosure requirements became effective on January 8, 2010. If you sold a vehicle covered under the regulation on or after January 8, 2010, and did not include the disclosure, please contact all buyers and provide them with the disclosure.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 1.01.08 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 1.00.56 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 1.01.17 PM.jpg  

JumpOnTheSchoolBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Asking prices?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Quote: We are offering the buses for best offer pricing.
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Pics of the 92 Bluebird please!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Hi there I'm working on asking prices doing some research... I'll update the post ASAP... Thanks for your interest...
Old 05-19-2019, 04:13 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

HI there thanks for your interest Im having trouble uploading pics as I don't have them saved as URL's. I could email you direct if you like... We don'r have a 92 listed we have a 91 and 93 listed the 93 has the truck style front the 91 is flat face... They are both really great buses.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

UPDATED Info On Buses For Sale...

Thanks for your interest in our buses for sale... I have been having difficulty figuring out how to edit my original post... That being said I thought the easiest way to share the info for the buses for sale would be to creat ebay listings for each bus. Following are links to the postings. I listed them on the high side and am open to all reasonable offers... Thanks again for your interest.

Voyager
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908954091

California
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908953346

Victory
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908975026

Constellation
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908998361
Old 05-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOnTheSchoolBus View Post
Thanks for your interest in our buses for sale... I have been having difficulty figuring out how to edit my original post... That being said I thought the easiest way to share the info for the buses for sale would be to creat ebay listings for each bus. Following are links to the postings. I listed them on the high side and am open to all reasonable offers... Thanks again for your interest.

Voyager
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908954091

California
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908953346

Victory
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908975026

Constellation
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173908998361
Goodness. Do they come with rebuilt engines or something?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Ouch, that's some optimistic pricing. I hope your willing to accept offers at half those prices, and be thankful to get it.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Goodness. Do they come with rebuilt engines or something?
LOL No they don't have new engines, good point though...

It is worth mentiong that the sterio systems and practiaclly new tires all around is close to 5k in value. Also the seating layouts are turn key if someone wanted to use it as a party bus that cost us 3k in fabrication and installation....

I did list them on the high side knowing that there is going to be some wiggle room... It's really hard to figure the value so I am open to suggestions on asking price.. or will take best offer... Thanks again for your comments...
Old 05-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for your comments yes optimistic and willing to accept offers, I do realize that half the asking price may be all I'm offered as mentioned in the post above...

It is notable that the sterio systems and practiaclly new tires all around is close to 5k in value. Also the seating layouts are turn key if someone wanted to use it as a party bus that cost us 3k in fabrication and installation....

It's really hard to figure the value so I am open to suggestions on asking price.. or will take best offer... Thanks again for your comments...
Old 05-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Not hard for us to place values on them as we deal with them everyday.
IMHO:
Voyager: Typically purchased y members here in the $1500-$3000 range.

California: Since you listed the model of trans in the Voyager, I'm guessing this one has a 545. I would price it from $1500-$2500

Victory: 28 years old, correct mileage. I would put this at $1500-$2500

Constellation: No info on drivetrain. I would put this one as the same as the other 2000, around $1500-$2500
You list them all as fair condition with "like new" tires, unless you have $3k stereos in them you'ld have a tough time claiming $5k for those. Even if they were both brand new you could'nt claim they have the same value used. Some would be willing to pay $1k more than me, still puts them at less than half your asking price. Just sayin
Old 05-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Those are up there in price for sure. Maybe folks in California are ok with them?
But if they need to leave the state in order to stay on the road, there has to be some consolation in pricing to appeal to "the masses" elsewhere.
Perhaps you can remove the stereo gear and any other peripheral, non essential items other than tires, to recoup some of your $$?
Good luck on your sales...
Old 05-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

peteg59 and o1marc... Great feedback! Thanks so much I definitely appreciate your wisdom and insight...

Maybe we'll just keep them, register them with my mom in Washigton State, turn them into conversions for rent to drive up and down the pac west )) . That way they'll still be my little money makers... ))
Old 05-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
wow.. those prices and not even Air-conditioning!! the stereo systems are worth maybe $500.. perhaps less for someone doingf a conversion as the speaker placement may not work well for conversion busses..

as party busses, I know someone looking to buy a couple runnable party busses. (pass inspection in Ohio).. however no one wants to pay rent for a bus that has just school seats and no air-conditioner..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:27 PM   #16
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOnTheSchoolBus View Post
Maybe we'll just keep them, register them with my mom in Washigton State, turn them into conversions for rent to drive up and down the pac west )) . That way they'll still be my little money makers... ))
My further $0.02: Keep them on ebay and wherever else you feel reaches the widest audience for 90 days.
If after that time you haven't had any sales or " serious nibbles", go ahead with your idea on out of state relocation.
After you've made your initial investment back in rentals and also to include the stereo, tires, etc., then sell for best offers?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #17
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
My advice would be to list these buses on the various Facebook skoolie groups. It's a very different crowd there. We like to buy buses at auction, for auction prices, ready to tear them apart and strip them to shells. Folks on Facebook seem to be more interested in dealer level prices. Check out skoolie and schoolieplanet groups as a start. Also, list your buses on Facebook marketplace, we bought our current bus through it and sold our previous bus on it. Mention the new tires and the condition of the paint job (black paint is a bad idea for a skoolie but not being yellow is still a feature)!
Old 02-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #18

Can these be registered in CA

Hi. I'm still confused. Can these be registered in CA or not? What state can these be registered in and do you need a domicile in that state?
Thanks
LilNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:30 AM   #19
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Coachwork?
Engine: CAT 3208 Marine Diesel
Are any of these buses still for sale?
Inner Love is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, school bus for sale