Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

40’ Thomas Skoolie

$30,000.00(Or best offer!!) Thomas Skoolie for sale! Seattle/Ballard
We have transformed a 40’ Thomas school bus into a tiny home! Complete with a kitchen living room bedroom and bathroom that’s in the works, this bus is cozy and functional! The complete electrical system has had an overhaul, we wired in 10 outlets 9 12v lights on switches, it’s hooked up to shore power right now, we added our own “RV” plug to have a second option for charging the battery bank, there are 4 12v batteries wired in series, its capabilities ble of running completely on solar alone if need be, we have 4 solar panels to come with as well! They are each 320 watt panels. The bathroom is in the works but very close to completion! If you prefer we would be more then happy to finish it out! If at this time you have the option to build it out yourselves if you’re looking for a great project! We’ve got a tankless water heater ready to be plugged into the system for endless amounts of hot water, as much as the tanks will allow �� there are 3 water tanks each 48g one grey water and two fresh as we presume to hook up a compost toilet to avoid black water��we run the bus once a month to keep up on the fluids flowing and the air filling through out properly just good measure when it’s sitting for so long.The bus it self runs great and has low miles, kept in great condition by the Thurston county school district. Want a tour or video of the entire bus let me know!!
INCLUDED:
-Tankless water heater
-water pump
3x48 gal water tanks
4x 320 watt solar panels
Inverter and electrical system
Cables to plug in solar panels
200ft pex piping (100red and 100blue)
Stainless steal sink
Classic subway tile to tile bathroom
Propane stove/oven full sized!
Massive undercarriage for storage and h2o tanks
Small wood burning stove with changeable chimney
2 brand new plexiglass skylights
Specs:
109,000 miles
Diesel engine/automatic transmission
Comes with built in undercarriage: mass storage!
19,000 driving hours
Tires in good condition!
Air brake systems
Push engine (diesel in back)

MadisonY25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
powertrain?
brake system?
price?
miles?
hours?
tire condition?
location?

There is a lot of missing info potential buyers would like to know!!!

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1980
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 671T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonY25 View Post
We have transformed a 40’ Thomas school bus into a tiny home! Complete with a kitchen living room bedroom and bathroom that’s in the works, this bus is cozy and functional! The complete electrical system has had an overhaul, we wired in 10 outlets 9 12v lights on switches, it’s hooked up to shore power right now, we added our own “RV” plug to have a second option for charging the battery bank, there are 4 12v batteries wired in series, its capabilities ble of running completely on solar alone if need be, we have 4 solar panels to come with as well! They are each 320 watt panels. The bathroom is in the works but very close to completion! If you prefer we would be more then happy to finish it out! If at this time you have the option to build it out yourselves if you’re looking for a great project! We’ve got a tankless water heater ready to be plugged into the system for endless amounts of hot water, as much as the tanks will allow 😊 there are 3 water tanks each 48g one grey water and two fresh as we presume to hook up a compost toilet to avoid black water👍we run the bus once a month to keep up on the fluids flowing and the air filling through out properly just good measure when it’s sitting for so long.The bus it self runs great and has low miles, kept in great condition by the Thurston county school district. Want a tour or video of the entire bus let me know!!
INCLUDED:
-Tankless water heater
-water pump
3x48 gal water tanks
4x 320 watt solar panels
Inverter and electrical system
Cables to plug in solar panels
200ft pex piping (100red and 100blue)
Stainless steal sink
Classic subway tile to tile bathroom
Propane stove/oven full sized!
Massive undercarriage for storage and h2o tanks
Small wood burning stove with changeable chimney
2 brand new plexiglass skylights
Pics, or it didn't happen.

Seriously, a better and more informative classified listing than most, but still lacking some important details:
Year, Model, engine, transmission, mileage, where is it located? might be 3000 miles away, or right down the street. Also Pictures, pictures, pictures.
Willie_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1980
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 671T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
powertrain?
brake system?
price?
miles?
hours?
tire condition?
location?

There is a lot of missing info potential buyers would like to know!!!
Beat me too it!!
Willie_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
There should be a form to fill out with detailed info, anything left blank disallows posting the ad. But on the flip side I understand being a seller and not wanting to monitor multiple site. Put the info out there. If you're interested you will call. A detailed listing would certainly help get more exposure. The seller only hurts themselves when they list uncomplete ads.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
yes, what I want to see first is bumper to bumper length, type and make of bus ( flat nose or dog nose ) motor and model of transmission ( not just the brand ) tire condition, rear end ratio, mileage, and location - if that interests me, I'll read further
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:17 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Hello all!! On my profile I have the photo album with all the pics to show our transformation!! For some reason they didn’t make it into my thread here but please check them out!!!
Old 03-20-2019, 04:51 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
"109000 miles"
"19000 driving hours" not sure what those are.... you mean engine hours?

average speed 5.7 mph. 1 or both of those numbers are wrong. engine hours seem really high and 109000, can that be verified via maintenance records. several buses are know for faulty clusters that get replaced.

just see you listed some updates. 30,000 OBO. Seattle area. Thanks.

What year?

Good Luck!!!

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:03 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

The bus itself was just retired from the Thurston county school district in 2017 and seems to be a bus that was used very minimally mostly for far away sorting events I believe, I was told the “driving hours” are the hours the engine has run, I thought it was nuts but the guy explained it was just an old one that wasn’t used as often as others! ��
Old 03-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
There should be a form to fill out with detailed info, anything left blank disallows posting the ad. But on the flip side I understand being a seller and not wanting to monitor multiple site. Put the info out there. If you're interested you will call. A detailed listing would certainly help get more exposure. The seller only hurts themselves when they list uncomplete ads.
x2 on that!
Just my $0.02 on bus sales:
While I'm a virtual newbie to the site, there are things that are considered make or break in the purchase of a bus that should be a requirement when posting one for sale.
Location being on top!
Followed by year, make model, engine if known, same for trans.
Optional info to include tire age/condition, rust issues and have they been remediated, and of course pictures. Pictures are vital in selling quickly as some, myself included, will skip over an ad that doesn't include any pics.

Shouldn't be too hard to setup a "fill in the blanks" template to capture the above info in the classified section, if the mods feel it would benefit the members and site...???
Otherwise there are many of us left trying to coax more info from the poster whose trying to sell their merch.
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you for the infor!! And advice that is actuailly super helpful! I am new to the site as well as its layout and posting navigation, I really appreciate the comments I am trying to make the most perfect inticing post! I don’t know why my photos didn’t follow this posit but I will get them connected, I have an album on my profile here!
Old 03-20-2019, 07:30 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonY25 View Post
Thank you for the infor!! And advice that is actuailly super helpful! I am new to the site as well as its layout and posting navigation, I really appreciate the comments I am trying to make the most perfect inticing post! I don’t know why my photos didn’t follow this posit but I will get them connected, I have an album on my profile here!
You need a minimum of 5 posts before allowing to post pics.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:21 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Hello - where can I see pictures please?
andyboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Hi! If you go to my profile on here you will see my one photo album with all the before and after pictures!
Please let me know if you would like more info or pictures or the video I have of the engine running!
Thank you so much!