Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2019, 12:33 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
‘69 Gillig school bus

There’s a ‘69 Gillig 35’ school bus that’s on Craigslist in Kern County California. It runs and drives with a Cat 3206 and an Allison auto transmission. There is a little surface rust on the passenger rear mid-trim. There are a lot of detailed pictures available upon request.. The owner is Charlie and he’s asking $4500.
808ulaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:00 AM   #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Not a bad looking bus if you're I the area.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...883096503.html
deoc4114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:17 AM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808ulaula View Post
There’s a ‘69 Gillig 35’ school bus that’s on Craigslist in Kern County California. It runs and drives with a Cat 3206 and an Allison auto transmission. There is a little surface rust on the passenger rear mid-trim. There are a lot of detailed pictures available upon request.. The owner is Charlie and he’s asking $4500.
Contact info &/or URL..?
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Craigslist still has the post. His contact number is on the post...
808ulaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
Skoolie
 
WARGEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Fingerlakes region NY
Posts: 189
Year: 1999
Coachwork: AmTran/Wolfington
Chassis: 3800
Engine: International DT466E 190HP variant
Rated Cap: 72 pax 29500 GVWR
If you had posted the link to the craigslist post that’d be a lot more helpful. You kinda just expected people to know where it is already.
__________________
-Nick
WARGEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARGEAR View Post
If you had posted the link to the craigslist post that’d be a lot more helpful. You kinda just expected people to know where it is already.
Apologize Nick.. didn’t think it was that difficult. I will do better next time
808ulaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
You're already there.
You know where it is, to do a CnP on the URL wouldn't be any more out of your way than telling us about it in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808ulaula View Post
Apologize Nick.. didn’t think it was that difficult. I will do better next time
It isn't that it's particularly difficult for somebody to winkle it out, but it's a wasteful duplication of time & effort. Most of us don't necessarily subscribe to that area's CL.
It's a little late in the season for an Easter Egg hunt!
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 4,801
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Well.... I was going to post the link as OP appeared to have some issues.

I went looking for Kern County CL. Apparently it has fallen off into the ocean....

Update: I found it. It is on Los Angeles CL.....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...883096503.html
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #9
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 448
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30
Engine: 350 Chevy
Rated Cap: 10K
Agreed, couldn't get more vague on it's whereabouts!
Thanks for posting the link Steve.
That is a cool looking skoolie and would likely make an excellent project for someone, as vague as the C/L post is as well!!!
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #10
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
I lived in SoCal for an entirely intolerably long time. Just wish to assert that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Well.... I was going to post the link as OP appeared to have some issues.

I went looking for Kern County CL. Apparently it has fallen off into the ocean....

Update: I found it. It is on Los Angeles CL.....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...883096503.html
Kern & LA Counties are in the same state, at least...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.